Weather Warning

Daresay most of you already know, but there`s an Amber Weather Warning from the Met Office out this weekend.
10hr00 Sat 15/12 until 06hr00 Sun, north Midlands up into Scotland, freezing rain.

Horrible stuff. Pointless salting/gritting as the first bit of rain washes it away, then the rain sits on the road surface and freezes, and instant skating rink! Practically invisible too, as the surface has a normal shiny wet appearance.

Take care all.

EDIT, Yellow warning snow ice most everywhere except south east too.
link
metoffice.gov.uk/public/wea … 2018-12-15

Yellow snow warning? Does it need to be said?

DONT BLOODY EAT IT!!!

:laughing:

Bugger, and i washed the cars.

Juddian:

Hah ! So youre the reason Gods sending us bad weather.

Franglais:

Juddian:

Hah ! So youre the reason Gods sending us bad weather.

Just pulling me kecks down, touch me toes, hey presto the sun shining bright out of my ring :smiling_imp:

Blast!

I need pickling vinegar…or my red cabbage won’t be ready for Christmas.

Best get ma landrover out.

I Think we’ve hopped over the amber bit.

Panic…Panic… Please ensure you have in your car, a blanket, shovel, a flask of tea, a full tank of petrol, a torch and emergency flares, This was a public information post. And make sure you don’t turn your rear fog lights off untill may.

biggriffin:
Panic…Panic… Please ensure you have in your car, a blanket, shovel, a flask of tea, a full tank of petrol, a torch and emergency flares, This was a public information post. And make sure you don’t turn your rear fog lights off untill may.

:laughing: :laughing:

Does this mean we get a snow day (day off) be told to stay at home.

I mean if teachers and office staff can. Due to h&s reasons .
Surley us drivers must as well we work outside in out our cab getting wet and cold. Not sat in a nice warm.office

I remeber earlier this year I struggled through bad weather from manchester to Aberdeen took me day and half . Got there place was shut. Just some security fella no one is here been told not to come in weather is to bad . Was looking round sun was out wasn’t exactly snowed in
So i went back home with there load

biggriffin:
Panic…Panic… emergency flares.

You sound like my mother! :open_mouth: :wink:

Thought i forgot something, do Halfords do flares and can I make it through the sno…err freezing rain…ok just slightly chilly rain.

I want Hutpik’s snowplough, just to get to work naturally.

To get a day off you need to freeze the pipes in the yard or burst a pipe. That gets the office staff off work at least so a little hammering and you’ll give them an early xmas pressie.

Very icey here everything looks petrified just tried to back up to my trailer but it’s not happening today ,can’t even stand up on yard :blush:

Punchy Dan:
Very icey here everything looks petrified just tried to back up to my trailer but it’s not happening today ,can’t even stand up on yard :blush:

the secret there dan is to hook up before you go to the pub :wink: