Got another 3 month booking

Not how I wanted to get it though…

Yesterday the A614 at Howden was closed after an accident involving a milk tanker (one of ours) and a Ford Transit.

The tanker was approaching a bend with the transit coming in the other direction. As the transit neared the tanker, the trailer became detached from the van slamming into the drivers side of the tanker. The road was closed for a few hours whilst the driver was cut out of the cab and airlifted to Hull Royal Infirmary. He had multiple open fractures in both arms and legs, a fractured pelvis, crushed thigh and shattered wrist with internal injuries. How the hell he survived it is a mystery.

And what happened to the ■■■■■■ driver? NOTHING. After all, the injured driver was just another lorry driving moron.

I’ve known the tanker driver since I first started driving rigids there the thick end of 15 years ago. It’s the second accident he’s had in three years, the last being a ■■■■ who overtook on a blind bend at 70MPH with a space saver tyre on the front and slammed into him.

At the very least, he’s going to be off work 4 or 5 months and I’d not be surprised if he didn’t come back at all.

Just proves that it doesn’t have to be anything you do that’s wrong.

What can I say?

It really brings home just how easily accidents can happen wghen we are out on the roads.

Hope your mate gets better soon. My brother had similar injuries several years ago when a drunk driver turned across him on his moped, hit him head on and bro took to the air, fracturing his pelvis and wrist… 6 weeks on traction, several more in physio and he still has a slight limp.

Calv

Conor:

Yesterday the A614 at Howden was closed after an accident involving a milk tanker (one of ours) and a Ford Transit.

The tanker was approaching a bend with the transit coming in the other direction. As the transit neared the tanker, the trailer became detached from the van slamming into the drivers side of the tanker. The road was closed for a few hours whilst the driver was cut out of the cab and airlifted to Hull Royal Infirmary. He had multiple open fractures in both arms and legs, a fractured pelvis, crushed thigh and shattered wrist with internal injuries. How the hell he survived it is a mystery.

And what happened to the ■■■■■■ driver? NOTHING. After all, the injured driver was just another lorry driving moron.

I’ve known the tanker driver since I first started driving rigids there the thick end of 15 years ago. It’s the second accident he’s had in three years, the last being a ■■■■ who overtook on a blind bend at 70MPH with a space saver tyre on the front and slammed into him.

At the very least, he’s going to be off work 4 or 5 months and I’d not be surprised if he didn’t come back at all.

Just proves that it doesn’t have to be anything you do that’s wrong.

So you’re gloating about getting 3 months work because a driver you know has had a serious accident and can’t work for 5 months. Nice. [zb]

stooooooooooooooooopid post rob,
where is he gloating?
i think you need to read his post again

Rob K:
So you’re gloating about getting 3 months work because a driver you know has had a serious accident and can’t work for 5 months. Nice. [zb]

Eh? Of course I am Rob. Can’t you see the smile on my face and me rubbing my hands in glee?

Calv:
What can I say?

It really brings home just how easily accidents can happen wghen we are out on the roads.

Hope your mate gets better soon. My brother had similar injuries several years ago when a drunk driver turned across him on his moped, hit him head on and bro took to the air, fracturing his pelvis and wrist… 6 weeks on traction, several more in physio and he still has a slight limp.

Calv

I’m hoping he’s going to be OK too. He’s a sound bloke and it’d be a crying shame. When I was in the traffic office yesterday we were all talking about it. Told the TM I didn’t envy him having to go tell the guys missus.

I’m not in there for a couple of weeks as I’m trying to get a holiday of some kind but I’ve been booked after that and when I get back if they’ve not had a whipround I’m thinking of getting one going for him.

Certainly hits home though without a doubt.

Conor:

Yet again, Rob, everyone else is the idiot :unamused:

theghostofcain:

Conor:

Yet again, Rob, everyone else is the idiot :unamused:

Agreed

Conor - was it a horse trailer that became detached from the ■■■■■■■■?
I seem to think I was told that.
I live down the A614 and to be honest I am amazed there are not more accidents on it - the road is lethal.
I hope your friend recovers soon. Also, if it was a horse trailer was it empty? I do hope so.