M42 approx 1715 30/6/10

paulfromwire feels really sorry for the Owens’ driver who may have lost his life on the M42 today. I saw it happen & let me tell you guys it was truly horrific. Can any of my trucking colleagues enlighten me if this was a fatality?

Sorry, can’t help really, you sure you want to know though; not sure I would.

Local news websites might tell you.

Just waiting to pick a trailer up then im heading back that way about 3am. Passed it on the way up around ten the queues were still very bad and lots of mess to clean up.

Hope he was ok

Mornin, no it was not a fatality i am pleased to say. In fact, apart from shock the driver was uninjured and no one else was involved. However the damage to the road surface from diesel soaking in, the damage to the central reservation barrier and the load spread over most of the southbound carriageway led to major delays.
When i left the scene at about 2300 last night the resurfacing had just started, most of the load had been skipped or put back on pallets and the truck was about to be recovered.
I dont know what time it reopened, or if it has yet, but from talking to drivers in the queue it was taking 3 to 4 hours to get up to and off at J4.

Mick

oscardog:
I dont know what time it reopened, or if it has yet, but from talking to drivers in the queue it was taking 3 to 4 hours to get up to and off at J4.

Mick

I know, it took me 4 hours to move 2 miles yesterday there… :open_mouth:
Hope the drivers OK though, it sounded nasty when the air ambulance arrived :open_mouth:

The diversion route was a shambles, I came back through there at gone 3am and they were only just putting a few signs up.

I got it wrong anyway and got messed up, sorry to any of those trucks who followed me into that low bridge on the A3400 :blush: , assuming (wrongly) that I knew where I was going.

Learnt a good lesson last night, never leave your truck map at home, even when you are trunking to the same place every night.