M42 jct 1 to 2

Don’t know what’s happened (apart from an accident obviously) but I’m currently stuck between J1 and 2. I’m about a mile back from the incident but there’s only about a mile of traffic behind me, so they must’ve got a diversion in pretty quickly. Doesn’t help me, but it’s gotta be worse for the poor unfortunates involved in it. I hope there are no serious injuries. Kind of makes my timed delivery pretty insignificant really.

Totally agree with the last sentence, but I’m also sure that your customer or supplier won’t see it that way :unamused:

shuttlespanker:
Totally agree with the last sentence, but I’m also sure that your customer or supplier won’t see it that way :unamused:

Well I’ve just made the call and pre warned them. Sod 'em, if they’re that desparate for it they’ll be really happy to see me when I finally land! Just heard on local news that they aint expecting it to reopen till at least 10,30am.

Update.

Been stuck here for 3 hours now and I can see in my mirrors that the HA are turning all the traffic around behind me, looks like a long convoluted job as you can imagine.
I’ve been driving for a long time and it’s only the second time I’ve ever been turned around and gone the “wrong” way on a motorway.

One of UK Express sprinters through the central reservation, driver taken to hospital.

Van hit the back of a lorry and the van driver ended up wrapped around the central res, took em 90 minutes to free him, think he had 2 broken arms, lucky guy

the maoster:
Update.

Been stuck here for 3 hours now and I can see in my mirrors that the HA are turning all the traffic around behind me, looks like a long convoluted job as you can imagine.
I’ve been driving for a long time and it’s only the second time I’ve ever been turned around and gone the “wrong” way on a motorway.

I was doing a drop at a building site in Redditch today. Fortunately, the drop took 2 hours (FLT had punctured) and they’d opened up the mototrway again, just as I left.
You could see all the rubber laid down perpendicular the motorway where all the HGVs had screwed round to head back the wrong way, for about
half a mile before the accident site. It looked really odd.