A14 yesterday

Did the Trailer cut the Cab off the Unit :bulb:

Tank could be Renault

Bloody hell. Pin sheared / turntable ripped off ? Did the driver survive ? What did it hit to do that damage ?

Jesus, i hope the driver got out.

Where do you even start to recover that lot once the old bill and colleagues have done their work?

I wonder what he ran in the back of?

Wot Damage would a 40’ Container have done?

Immigrant:
Tank could be Renault

Volvo.

Thank you please.

One for the TN CSI mob, but I suspect if he’d had a 40/45 on there wouldn’t be much of the cab left. It appears the gap on the skelley left by the 20ft has contributed to reducing the crush damage to the cab, with the skelley running under the cab

UPDATE

“The 40 year old driver suffered injuries, including broken ribs, a dislocated wrist, and a fractured foot”

It appears he ran into the back of a 40 foot container…

So, outside lane? Tailgating on the limiter? When will they learn?

Smeg! :open_mouth:

Glad they survived…

the nodding donkey:

Is that fact is it?
Climb down off your high horse supertrucker

It has to be said that coming off the A11 Westbound in the morning traffic, there are often a whole procession of container trucks back-to-back along the stretch passing Newmarket. The abundance of “suicide laybys” in that area doesn’t help much either. :frowning:

Too many, too much of a hurry, too close. :frowning:

the nodding donkey:

West Bound Stowupland gate 50, 10am traffic queuing for the contraflow between 50 and 49. I would suggest part off what nodding donkey wrote to be true, maybe not the tailgating bit. Hit the back of a 40’ being hauled by Maritime, Maritime driver went to hospital by land Ambulance, suffering minor neck and chest injury. That suggest he was almost stationary when the RPS lad ploughed into the back off him. RPS driver air lifted to Addenbrokes.

I was about a quarter of a mile behind, and stuck there for the best part of 2 hours :unamused: only let the trapped traffic go down the gate 50 slip once the air Ambulance was gone.

Juddian:
Jesus, i hope the driver got out.

Where do you even start to recover that lot once the old bill and colleagues have done their work?

Slowly the road was shut for 7 hrs :wink:

I think those of us which use the A14 and particularly the bit to and from Felixstowe know how the container drivers operate, I hate to say it, but the standard of driving from some, not the majority is abysmal at times, so much so that I keep right out of the way if I can.
I dearly would love to know why it is so.

I am just happy that the driver got out of it…

att:
I think those of us which use the A14 and particularly the bit to and from Felixstowe know how the container drivers operate, I hate to say it, but the standard of driving from some, not the majority is abysmal at times, so much so that I keep right out of the way if I can.
I dearly would love to know why it is so…

I don’t think that the standard of driving shown by some of My fellow Box Jockeys, is unique to container drivers, just that with the amount of container traffic along the A14, it appears that way. There is a general decline in the standard off driving amongst all road users, which I link to the decrease in roads policing officers :unamused:

eddie snax:

att:
I dearly would love to know why it is so…

I don’t think that the standard of driving shown by some of My fellow Box Jockeys, is unique to container drivers, just that with the amount of container traffic along the A14, it appears that way. There is a general decline in the standard off driving amongst all road users, which I link to the decrease in roads policing officers :unamused:

Yes to the lack of old bill, but another reason being that not enough are in jobs they’d be gutted, life changing almost, to lose.

halewood:

the nodding donkey:

Is that fact is it?
Climb down off your high horse supertrucker

I’m no supertrucker, but he obviously went into the back of the container in front of him at pretty much full speed. That means he was going to fast, to close, for the prevailing conditions. Not because he is a box jockey BTW. You see it all day, everyday. Trucks just a few meters behind other trucks, on the limiter, with absolutely no idea of what is going on in front. To many truckers now also using cruise control when following close behind. Often on the phone. I think that is why there is such an increase in really bad accidents where trucks have gone full speed into the back of things.