My mate has been seriously hurt

Driving his truck yesterday near Kinross services and was hit by another truck.
Just got the news this morning from his wife. Took Fire Brigade an hour to get him out. He’s on a ventilator and will be in intensive care for a few days. Hip has had to be pinned, leg is broken, will need skin grafts to right arm and leg. Other driver, (in a tanker) has held up his hands to blame.
He and I worked together offshore and became close mates when I got back into motorbikes and he kept me right. Before packing in offshore we biked all over Scotland. I took early retirement and got my HGV, he did the same a year or so later. We were always phoning each other swapping tales of our shifts, so we became even closer.
I’m praying the wee man makes a good recovery and we can get up into the Glens again on the bikes.
I hope the other driver has somebody to put an arm round his shoulder, because he must feel so bad right now.

hope he makes a full recovery and gets back in a wagon.anytime is the wrong time for this to happen but just now is certanly not the best. i wish him well.

Gordy wish your mate and his family ,all the best from us all here

and wish him a speedy recovery, and for the tanker driver as you also said
i hope that someone is helping him as well,

I believe it happened at the entrance to the services at the roundabout at Kinross.

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend and his family.
May he recover well.

Tell him I hope he gets better soon mate cant be too good good in there for Xmas lets just hope hes out for Hogmanay!!!.

If not ye’ll have tae smuggle him in a wee dram cos its bad luck to go in empty handed you know (tell the nurses that) :slight_smile:.

hope he makes a fast & full recovery, hope both drivers get support through this

All the best for the injured drivers and their families.

I hope he makes a full recovery

Latest news is he’s off to Livingston to get skin grafting on his arm and leg then he’ll have to go back to an ICU for more orthopedic work. I’m taking it as a positive that they’re moving him to do this, although it’s going to be a very long recovery for him.
Thanks for the kind words, I have passed them on to his wife.
I know it sounds corny but please take care. When his wife phoned me to tell me the news of the crash the emotion in her voice was heart rending. I was always a bit sceptical about posting messages about this kind of thing but getting messages of good wishes for him counts for a lot, I suppose it’s the 'trouble shared, trouble halved ’ thing.
Thanks again.

It doesn’t sound corny mate. Its posts like this that remind us i think that its not just a truck smash, its actually someones friend/relative thats been hurt.
Best wishes to your mate as well.

Has he not already suffered enough? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Sending him to Livingstone is just rubbing salt in the wound surely. Oh, hang on do you think that might have been a bad choice of words? :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

Sorry about your mate. Send him my best for a speedy recovery.

Best wishes to your Mate, and best regards to his Wife and family.
Also, best regards to the driver that put his hands up, well done that man for being honest.
I hope both of them get the support they desperately need.

Just read this thread! Absolutely awful news and I can only hope for a speedy recovery for your mate and best wishes go out for his family and friends such as you Gordy.

A sad and frightening time for everyone concerned.

Tonights news is encouraging. His wife reports an improvement in his colour. He’s been though a very long skin graft operation at St Johns in Livingston and will be kept there for a week to keep an eye out for any infection problems. I think it’ll be over a week before I get a chance to see him.
Apparently he was in a lightly loaded 7.5 tonner, rather than his usually fully loaded Class 2. He was working for a foundation drilling equipment company. I’m no expert but I think driving a truck with a lower momentum might have helped save him a more serious outcome.

Hope he is OK mate…this game is dangerous enough especially at this time of year.

Best wishes to him and his family

hope he makes a speedy recovery. best wishes to him and his family

I have to report good news, today Tommy was able to speak to his wife and family. he’s going to have a long recovery from his very severe injuries, but I know if any one can make it he can. I’m looking forward to our first run on the bikes together.

Hope he is improving and gets well enough to get back out on 2 wheels