Got a job!

Well looks like my factory job is over I got a job! :laughing: It’s with Joda freight in Keighley, only 5 miles from my house lots of nights out and overtime , l will be working some right hours! 5 night out a week I think, I cant wait they are giving a new guy like me a chance and i appreciate it so much, i start in a few weeks, first on the vans for a week or 2 then on the class 2 I was cheeky and asked if I passed my class 1 next year would I get a job, he told me I don’t have to bother because if I worked out ok they put there own through the class 1 ,oh well map reading practise here I come! :smiley:

WELL done mate all the best with your
new employment,and do keep us all up to
date how the jobs going also you could post a
little diary,maybe,

bet your weel chuffed mate.
Take it easy & enjoy the learning curve

Well done and good luck :smiley:

Well done that man! :smiley:

Well I gave my notice in today! Been working at the same factory 8 years!
I hope I do ok, ive not done nights out for over 10 years; I am excited but nervous at the same time any tips for a new guy ?,I also got a Tomtom sat nav , will only use it when I get close to my drops
I will keep you updated with my progress err god I hope I do progress!
:open_mouth:

:laughing: good on ya…some people like nights others dont. i done shifts 4 on days, 4 rest & then 4 nights. been doing shift work since 1989 & the nights are starting to kill me now.
If you feel tired get out the cab for a little stretch & few lungs full of cold air to wake you up.

I frequently see them running off on a Sunday and someone told me they do work to Ireland.

I know they have subbed some work for Nidd Transport to Europe.

Seem to have a mix of motors artics and rigids I think they may be part of one of the pallet networks.

well in Slackeye… Joda have a secure car park for the Artics round the corner from my house… :smiley:

Well Done Slackeye, all the very best with it!!

Steve

All the best in your new job mate.

Good Luck mate.make sure you got a quality sleeping bag if your cabbing it ,worth the money when your nice and warm.

slackeye:
Well looks like my factory job is over I got a job! :laughing: It’s with Joda freight in Keighley, only 5 miles from my house lots of nights out and overtime , l will be working some right hours! 5 night out a week I think, I cant wait they are giving a new guy like me a chance and i appreciate it so much, i start in a few weeks, first on the vans for a week or 2 then on the class 2 I was cheeky and asked if I passed my class 1 next year would I get a job, he told me I don’t have to bother because if I worked out ok they put there own through the class 1 ,oh well map reading practise here I come! :smiley:

Good luck with the job.

But i’d be weary of a company thats offering big hours and 5 nights out.

Remember the WTD. And because joda’s work is’nt always waiting to get tipped on a bay.You’ll be pulling those curtains back and strapping loads.Which all counts as work.

Go with it if you like.But when the boss tells you that your “EXEMPT” I say stuff it and find a job that is advertised saying it works to the WTD.And probably pays a decent wage for it aswell.

Bosses thing £500 a week for a driver is more than enough.But that usually means 65hours and 5 nights out.
If they were doing the job legally they’d have to pay the drivers a decent wage.

This is just my point of view.At the end of the day its your licence.

Tony b

I must admit im a bit scared been my first job and all,bet they think cos im a newbie they can make me work over my hours? i dunno im gonna c how it goes bit worring cos i given up my job at the factory mind you they treated me like ■■■■
The agencys round by me r slow and i think to get some experince this job will be ok i hope ! :open_mouth:

No offence to you slackeye. We all need a start somewhere.I used to do all sorts when i first started.But i’m being spoilt at the moment,Working for a 110% legit company is worth alot.

You sound like yove got your head screwed on right.Its a pity that theres alot of drivers that cant see how much they are being exploited.

I live close to the A49 in shropshire.Its sugar beet season and the drivers are going up and down here 7 days a week.And at the end of it i bet the dont earn much more than me, for 48 hours.And every 3rd week i get a paid day off to reduce my WTD hours.

Best wishes.
Tony b

P.S. I remember a post on here quite a while back.About a driver who worked on there and someone pinched something out of his motor when he was in the yard.

tonyb…:
P.S. I remember a post on here quite a while back.About a driver who worked on there and someone pinched something out of his motor when he was in the yard.

I remember that too. We’ve got drivers who have had things pinched by opportunist passers-by while they have been tipping.
Mine’s always locked whenever I’m not in it, and that includes our yard, even if I’m only handing in notes , washing off or even dropping a trailer.

Lock it or lose it.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

me too Kate. ive had coments from other drivers about locking
my cab all the time but i like to keep whats mine. :sunglasses:

well done on getting the job slackeye, most of the joda lads
ive spoke to seem happy with it. so best of luck m8.