Yay, got me a full time job

Finally got a full time job after only 6 months of getting my cpc.

Working for Night Freight, collecting and delivering tyres. Was on agency before that. Did a bit of 7.5t and van work for Driver Hire Leic. Signed up to Smart recruit and Driver Hire Notts, visited and sent C.Vs to just about every company I saw with trucks on the road with STD codes within an hour drive from me. Then Smart rang a day later and said got on going work with Night Freight. After about 2 months working with them, asked TM if any full time positions available and that was it. Was taken on. A big added bonus is I enjoy what I do.

Worked out its a case of perseverence and being in right place at right time.

By the way, get texts daily from Driver Hire Notts offering work, so anybody in area looking for some, go have a word. It is usually for Brakes in Grantham.

Work is out there, just persevere.

Good luck to all you other job hunters.

Congratulations!

theantbox:
Worked out its a case of perseverence and being in right place at right time.

Straight up brother.

Perseverance is the key. You can’t be in the right place at the right time unless you’re out there trying. All these fools who can’t get jobs aren’t trying hard enough, simple as that.

Cheers.

That’s very true. Same with any industry though.

Rather happy as was expecting to be on agency for next couple of years. With a bit of work here amd bit there. Crazy thing is was offered two jobs in same week!!!

Again, work is out there. Just got to keep looking and ask about.