Good Truckers Map

Hi, i’ve just ordered the new Philips Navigator Truckers Atlas 2011, it has low bridges, weight limits etc and looks the part. Has anyone used this map and what did you think of it. Currently on sale at roadside service stations for £19.99, i got mine from bookdepository.co.uk for £12.47 with free delivery.

bubba31:
Hi, i’ve just ordered the new Philips Navigator Truckers Atlas 2011, it has low bridges, weight limits etc and looks the part. Has anyone used this map and what did you think of it. Currently on sale at roadside service stations for £19.99, i got mine from bookdepository.co.uk for £12.47 with free delivery.

Yes, one of the blokes in my yard has one that I’ve used. It seems to have a lot more info than the usual suspects. It might help a little if the actual bridge heights, road weight etc signs and indications on the map were a little larger.

Especially as I now have to wear “readers”.

Apart from that it’s very good…

I have noticed a few errors on bridge heights so always double check.

The Philips Map could do with the height warnings being much larger. They are difficult to spot,especially when reading in bad light.
It does have some width and bridge weight restrictions shown as well as speed camera locations if that info is of interest to you.
The trouble is a lot of that info can change making the map of less use then.

I always found the AA Truckers map had better markings for the low bridges.

Why bother my snooper sat nav has all of that and more,free updates whenever I can be bothered which means it is never out of date,might cost a lot more initially but I wouldn’t,t be without mine,I get those blokes on the firm ringing me,you know the dinosaurs who won,t touch a sat nav,they say could you just look up this address for me on your sat nav,then they ring back later saying that was spot on,well some of them do,ignorant some folk aren,t they,good luck and crack on as they say.

bobbya:
Why bother my snooper sat nav has all of that and more,free updates whenever I can be bothered which means it is never out of date,might cost a lot more initially but I wouldn’t,t be without mine,I get those blokes on the firm ringing me,you know the dinosaurs who won,t touch a sat nav,they say could you just look up this address for me on your sat nav,then they ring back later saying that was spot on,well some of them do,ignorant some folk aren,t they,good luck and crack on as they say.

I actually use a Snooper truckmate aswell and as good as it is it is not 100% reliable, it’s always handy to have a descent map available.

bubba31:

bobbya:

I actually use a Snooper truckmate aswell and as good as it is it is not 100% reliable, it’s always handy to have a descent map available.

Because real men use maps. You wont find a silly sat nav in my truck.

Try going to Tesco’s rdc in Avonmouth on a Snooper Truckmate, it won’t do it I know and I have one, plus the map updates are not free for Western Europe its £85, for just UK & Ireland its £55 plus the VAT. you get the speed camera updater for free plus the underlying OS updates for free. Its still a great bit of kit but I still carry the maps in the cab.

I’ve just had a look in a local book shop at both the Phillips truckers atlas and the AA close up truckers atlas and the AA one was a lot clearer as in height and weight warning signs were a lot bigger and a line pointing to the road so you could take a good guess as to the point on the road.

They both where £20 but found online a lot cheaper asda was good for the AA one just could not make out if it was ring binder type online as I don’t know if any other type but only want ring binder so pages don’t fall out of it.

I use a Tomtom 540 Live with the Truck maps / navcore on it, and it’s bloody excellent, not perfect, but very good.

I carry a Philips Truckers Atlas which is a little out of date tbh, but I’ve not took it out of my bag in well over 2yrs.

In the past I’ve used both AA and Philips truckers atlas and IMO the Philips outshines AA by a mile,more info on it i.e ind ests,town maps,and the outer limits of most cities.
Best one on the market by far.

waynedl:
I use a Tomtom 540 Live with the Truck maps / navcore on it, and it’s bloody excellent, not perfect, but very good.

I carry a Philips Truckers Atlas which is a little out of date tbh, but I’ve not took it out of my bag in well over 2yrs.

Hi Wayne how did you get the truck maps for Tom Tom did you get off Tom Tom or eBay

Kirk Ella 71:

waynedl:

Hi Wayne how did you get the truck maps for Tom Tom did you get off Tom Tom or eBay

pm sent.