truckers atlas

Can anyone recomend a good atlas? it needs to have low bridges for inner cities.

ebay.co.uk/sch/items/__aa+tr … 459_228459

Have a look all decent

WHY not a sat-nav like what the big boys use?

Phillips Truckers Navigator, the best I’ve used by far! About 20 quid from the likes of waterstones, amazon etc

xfmatt:
Phillips Truckers Navigator, the best I’ve used by far! About 20 quid from the likes of waterstones, amazon etc

x2 That and my Iphone never get lost

read my review on amazon of the Philips Navigator Truckers Britain atlas - the city maps and approach maps have no bridge heights marked! Bloody useless. Thats probably why they’ve reduced the price to £11.39.

oakeedokee:
read my review on amazon of the Philips Navigator Truckers Britain atlas - the city maps and approach maps have no bridge heights marked! Bloody useless.

You must have a different edition to me then :smiley:

got the new edition. Emailed Philips, got no response. Others on here have confirmed the new edition omissions too.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78759

oakeedokee:
got the new edition. Emailed Philips, got no response. Others on here have confirmed the new edition omissions too.

Thats bad luck :cry:

hope they sorted it for the 2013 edition, i’ve just pre-ordered it from amazon!

Or you could read the road signs…

I’ve got quite a few, Phillips navigators truckers britain which is a big uk map, AA truckers altas another big uk map, a spare uk map, several regional phillips navigators, then of course a truckers sat nav, pro nav 300 and google maps on my blackberry. Would recommend them all.

Yeas, Phillips was the best but, as mentioned the omissions and apparently some bridge heights being stated lower than reality, make the newer one useless.

I still use the older one but trouble is some new weight limits aren’t in there then.

I wish google maps would put bridge heights on - obviously you can go into streetview but that takes more time. I would happily pay to have that as an upgrade or an app.

Own Account Driver:
Yeas, Phillips was the best but, as mentioned the omissions and apparently some bridge heights being stated lower than reality, make the newer one useless.

I still use the older one but trouble is some new weight limits aren’t in there then.

I wish google maps would put bridge heights on - obviously you can go into streetview but that takes more time. I would happily pay to have that as an upgrade or an app.

I think google should make sat navs, if they got it right they’d do very well i reckon.

Saaamon:

Own Account Driver:

I think google should make sat navs, if they got it right they’d do very well i reckon.

I agree.

An update on my earlier post, the latest edition, which says “New Edition” on the front cover to distinguish it from the previous edition (which says “New Edition” on the front cover :unamused: ), has got bridge heights marked on the city approach maps! Hooray. :smiley: But still not on the Town plans. Boo. :frowning:

is there a website
with maps that include low bridges

Saaamon:
I’ve got quite a few, Phillips navigators truckers britain which is a big uk map, AA truckers altas another big uk map, a spare uk map, several regional phillips navigators, then of course a truckers sat nav, pro nav 300 and google maps on my blackberry. Would recommend them all.

Bloody hell, hope you have never been lost with that lot :wink:

Saaamon:

Own Account Driver:

They do in a way, on the android phones. They use a sat nav which uses google maps called Navigation. It’s very accurate but uses something called “text to speech” which can sound quite funny when pronouncing names/places. Does the job though, and it’s completely free.