Good timing or what!

Hows this for good timing!!!
I phoned a local transport company thats literally on my doorstep to make enquires about any jobs, and was told that it was good timing because something will be coming soon… :grimacing:

coming soon for “you”? or a vacancy is coming up that you and the other hundreds of people looking for work can apply for?

so, does this mean that you got the sack from Nobby Dongles?

or are you jumping before you are pushed?

clarkyboy:
coming soon for “you”? or a vacancy is coming up that you and the other hundreds of people looking for work can apply for?

A vacancy for everybody but still a well timed phone call :wink:
To be honest I cant be doing with travelling 45/50 minutes everyday to work anymore…

shuttlespanker:
so, does this mean that you got the sack from Nobby Dongles?

or are you jumping before you are pushed?

I havent been into work yet, I dont start until much later tonight but this job will be a lot closer to home… :wink:

DAF95XF:

clarkyboy:

A vacancy for everybody but still a well timed phone call :wink:
To be honest I cant be doing with travelling 45/50 minutes everyday to work anymore…

but its a class 1 start and theyre hard to come by,surely you knew how long the journey was before you took the job?

[/quote]
I think a lot of guys on here would travel up to 1 hour for a decent job in these current times :confused:

I know I would - I used to drive from the Shepley side of Huddersfield to Morley, past all those transport firms on Leeds road and beyond :slight_smile:

clarkyboy:
but its a class 1 start and theyre hard to come by,surely you knew how long the journey was before you took the job?

I did, I even drove out there before I started for the timings and the best route.
Im grateful for the start dont get me wrong Im grateful they took me on with no experience…

My first class 1 job was around nearly an hour from home it was all night work and involved driving through the traffic in and going home.It was also my last because I could’nt find anything better and had to stick it for 15 years until I went out the job on health grounds.This ‘recession’ has been going on for around 30 years so far.

Just remember, as a wise man once said, the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. Sometimes you are better with the devil you know than the devil you don’t. Food for thought

DAF95XF:
I phoned a local transport company thats literally on my doorstep to make enquires about any jobs, and was told that it was good timing because something will be coming soon… :grimacing:

You should be in with a great chance with several weeks experience behind you. Especially if Nobby give you a write up.

I know people who travel over 120miles and more to
work , sorry mate that is a ■■■■■■■■ excuse,also what is with ND
where do you stand as regards employment■■?

enit?:

DAF95XF:

You should be in with a great chance with several weeks experience behind you. Especially if Nobby give you a write up.

He better get the job first and then the “write up”, before Nobby Triangle present him with his P45!

:laughing: :laughing:

brit pete:

And why exactly does he need an excuse? Yeah I know about all the ND shenanigans, but’s where’s the relevance, the bloke knows of a job closer to home, last time I looked the correct response is some form of good luck wish, so good luck driver.

newmercman:
And why exactly does he need an excuse? Yeah I know about all the ND shenanigans, but’s where’s the relevance, the bloke knows of a job closer to home, last time I looked the correct response is some form of good luck wish, so good luck driver.

Which if it wasnt me then that would be case :unamused:
Thank you, I’ll let you know of the outcome :wink:

Just don’t bend anything this time :wink:

newmercman:

brit pete:

thats what i was just thinking mate.

good on ya stu, best of british mate

Go for what you want to go for XF. There are too many whingers and ■■■■■■■■■ on this forum to worry about.
I have a job spotting which one has the brain cell on any given day.
You get happy and do what yer want. :sunglasses:

Far be it for me to tell you how you’re feeling, or what to do with your life, i dont know you from Adam. However, from the last few topics/posts of yours, you seem to be going through the same emotions i was last week when i was blamed for causing damage to a barn.

From what you’ve said, it seems a bad week has just got on top of you, as it did me, and i started questioning if i was in the right job, or even my ability to drive. A week later i have my confidence back and back to where i was before all this happened and enjoying it again.

Class 1 starts are hard to come by, as you well know, and i struggled as much as you to get one. I would definitly think twice before jacking it in. So you bent an under run bar, surely they cant sack you for that? Everyone has knocks, even the more experienced drivers ( i know an ex Class 2 instructor who knocked down a wall a few weeks ago in an artic). These things happen, dont beat yourself up about it.

As for the infringments, admittidly i dont have that problem, i’m on domestic hours so dont have to watch my timings as much as you, but it will all come as you become more familiar with it all. You should have seen my first list, it had everything from overspeed, to tacho filled in incorrectly, but from them i’ve learnt so they shouldn’t happen again.

I would seriously give it a lot more thought, the job you have seems secure, and while may not be perfect, it’s a chance you, and so many others, need.

Like me, when you do something wrong, it hits you harder than the oldies and plays on your mind, but at the end of the day, we are all human.

That’s my 2 cents worth anyway :slight_smile:

well said c kay daf xf keep at it at nobbys