So close to getting a job, then i missed call

Dam!

I almost got driving, really did. There was a job in the local paper for a class 2 driver bottesford near grantham, driving into london etc for a local haulage guy on inturf deliveries.

i rang friday, he said i was someone he could work with, and would ring me back, missed the call on saturday but no voice mail, so i thought nothing of it. anyway i texted his mobile just now, sais sorted but i tried to ring you.

grrrrrrrrrrrrr why did i not ring him back, or why did he not leave a voice mail. seems i was close, really gutted now.

more grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

To be honest, he might not of been sorted… but maybe thought a txt was a bit slack so will find someone else (that’s what i would do in his shoes) if i were you i’d ring him up or bob down even now see what you can muster up! Maybe some work to cover holidays etc if it’s a small firm. :smiley:

Ring him, tell him your sorry you m issed each other and offer to be available for any standby/sick/holiday stuff.

You’ll be working for him next week

Jim

Have let him know now.

Its funny this job hunting thing, as where i live theres not alot of work, so when you see a job come up, you then can work out where the guy that got it came from, as today theres another hgv class 2 job come up. its funny really, its all the drivers going from one job to another all the time around here.

Tho the job thats just come up on jobcentre is 40hr week, 290 a week with 1 to 3 nights out a week, but gone for it as its a start. iv also rang all the local skip firms up as thought they might be getting bussy, so they have my details now too.

Not being funny but if a guy about a job rings you, ring them back at earliest opportunity, and don’t text them whatever you do, that looks completely unprofessional.

On a side note, glad to see you’ve not given up on getting a driving job :smiley: