Question for those who made it

Hey all.

Question for those who managed to get a job in speedy time or got a job full stop :stuck_out_tongue:

I have now since my category C in December and also category C+E last month tried to get a job, sent CV’s to countless Companies via E-Mail, in person and enquiries over the phone for jobs, now as alot of you I have had the reason “No Experience” but also alot of no replies, and some just saying no jobs, the only breakthrough to an interview I had was again a downer due to no experience.

Now to the question to the drivers who managed to find work. Is it something I am not doing or doing wrong? Or is it just right place at the right time?

Thanks

Gareth

I think right place right time has a hell of a lot to do with it TBH, in my case as I put on my thread I did one good day for a local firm via an agency which has led to an interview tomorrow morning.

I’m not saying I’m going to be offered a job and not counting my chickens but I’ll go in there and give it my best shot. I’ve not technically “made it” yet but I’m a step closer.

AndyH71:
I think right place right time has a hell of a lot to do with it TBH, in my case as I put on my thread I did one good day for a local firm via an agency which has led to an interview tomorrow morning.

I’m not saying I’m going to be offered a job and not counting my chickens but I’ll go in there and give it my best shot. I’ve not technically “made it” yet but I’m a step closer.

Nice one.

Good luck for tomorrow mate :slight_smile:

Just Keep Goin Mate …Like Andy found out it pays to start with an agent that gives you a chance to meet people also it gives you a chance to try all types of transport jobs ie Multi Drop .pallet ,curtain side ,box ,
ect and its a great way to get the expeariance …I like the variety of agency work …so im in no mad rush to go full time … I started on 7.5 ton APRIL last yrs passed my C July and as soon as my licence came back I was on C work and pay then in Feb I passed CE and again moved up and have done a couple of night trunk jobs but its a start . just keep trying mate dont get diss heartened :laughing: and good luck :smiley:
Also Andy good luck for tomorrow :laughing:

Thanks, I will deffo keep going.

Only problem for me with agency is that they don’t always guarantee full time work, at the moment I am in full time employment doing a crap job, but it pays my bills, I work 7 on and 7 off and was hoping to get agency experience on my week off, but not allowed due to Working hours etc… So kinda stuck, its either find a full time job with a company or take the risk and go agency, also hope I get full time hours whilst doing this.

Really dunno what to do, just want to start driving :frowning:

Gareth,

Rather than hijack your post I have posted seperately on what I did. Hope you find it of some help.

Alan

Gazza7682:

Only problem for me with agency is that they don’t always guarantee full time work, at the moment I am in full time employment doing a crap job, but it pays my bills, I work 7 on and 7 off and was hoping to get agency experience on my week off, but not allowed due to Working hours etc… So kinda stuck, its either find a full time job with a company or take the risk and go agency, also hope I get full time hours whilst doing this.

What are you working at now and what hours are you doing there? And who is telling you that you’re not allowed?

44 Tonne Ton:

Gazza7682:

What are you working at now and what hours are you doing there? And who is telling you that you’re not allowed?

Agency told me I couldn’t, working as a German Speaking Customer Service advisor (which I really want to leave to drive) at the moment doing 11.5 Hours a day which is 80.5 Hours in the 7 days.

Go to another agency and lie.

44 Tonne Ton:
Go to another agency and lie.

:laughing: Good Idea