Would you belive it!

hi all
as you may remember i passed class 2 about a month back
i’ve been applying for jobs since then but having no luck due to loads of applicants getting in before mine phoned one place up at 9am to be told sorry mate already got a list of about 10 to see :open_mouth: so was getting a bit cheesed thinking hmm what driver shortage :question: anyway was standing around at work today as usual very bored mobile rings "hello you phoned about class 2 job on tuesday can you start monday "
i replied sorry but i’ve gotta give a months !! notice
so got the reply "sorry we cant wait that long as we’re desperate for driver "
i can fully understand why they cant wait that long .(was good money as well ):roll:
but it looks like im entering a whole new ball game now, its not the old no experience no job senario its got a job i dont want but cant take the chance ditchin it putting in notice etc to risk going for it :unamused:
so the saga continues…but on the flip side at least i got a call back :exclamation: :smiley:

by law you do not need to give a months notice

was wondering about that
however has anyone on here just walked out on a job and did former employer cause any grief i.e breach of contract as it is part of my contract although not law

Hello mate, Where I work I have to give a weeks notice , however most people take the notice in and then walk out, the company has not taken any action against this, another thing you can do is to put your holiday days in and use them as your notice period,

If you were really keen to leave, you could (and this is a bit naughty) put you notice in then go sick.

tell them you’ve got “swine fever” (Your pig sick of working there!!!)

Don’t forget if you are due any holidays they can be deducted from your notice period.

Hi,
4 weeks notice for monthly pay and 1 weeks notice for weekly pay. That’s how I know it. However, who is going to stop you when handing in notice and walking away same time? Have done this a couple of times without getting into trouble.

Bad luck Chris.
Think if it was me though I just would of handed my notice in & hit the sick! :wink:

on a previous job i should have given a months notice and the company i was going to need me straight away. i gave them there months notice but told them i wont be working it.

never had any come back, mind you the contract shut at christmas anyway.

you cant really afford to let opertunitys like that get away, if its what you want to do and feel you will never go back then wha you got to lose
jon

chris c:
was wondering about that
however has anyone on here just walked out on a job and did former employer cause any grief i.e breach of contract as it is part of my contract although not law

Walked out on every single job I’ve had in this game… “bringing your truck back so you can stick your job where the sun don’t shine”

Never been a problem and have always been paid what’s owed…

Semtex:
tell them you’ve got “swine fever” (Your pig sick of working there!!!)

:laughing: :laughing:
thats a gem semtex :laughing:
thanks all for the advice i’m just gonna go for it next time and not think twice :smiley:

I asked a question about this just over a month ago…I have over the last month been working for a bulding supplies company driving 3.5 tonners with a HIAB. For the first month I only had to give a weeks notice but after that it rises to a month. I am a little annoyed about that because it’s not as if it would be very difficult to fill the post I think…After all, you don’t need Class 2 even to drive 3.5. Anyway, I am actively searching for someting better and hope that when something comes up, I will be able to work the month’s notice but if not, I will leave before. You have got to look after your own interests too! And, from what I understand, the month’s notice isn’t really adhered and legal action is hardly ever if ever resorted to. Good luck.

This is the thread I mentioned above…

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16466