New Job Class 2

Just been for an interview,thats if you could call it that.

Got there the bloke says okay fill this form out i will be back in 5 minutes,45 minutes later he comes back says sorry i forgot you where here! Anyway he looked through the form told me what the job entailed.

Delivering upvc windows,up to 4 nights out a week,work saturday morning loading up,time and a half after 40 hours.

Then asked me when i could start,told him i should give a weeks notice to agency,to which he said well you can start Monday,to which i foolishly said okay then.Now i have to tell agency that i won’t be working for them anymore.Bang goes my wage for last week.

It seems a decent enouh firm,only five minutes from home,and a 53 daf to drive.

Let you no how i get on.

Cheers
Mark

What do you mean “bang goes my last weeks wage” ?

You don’t have any ties to an agency. If you don’t want to work a particular day or week and you’ve not already been booked then just tell them you’re not working, simple as that. If you are already booked then I’d suggest blagging out of it by phoning their out of hours mobile over the weekend (or better still getting your other half to phone) telling them you’re really ill and it’s unlikely that you’ll be in on Monday. They don’t know any different and you’re giving them plenty of warning to get someone else in, ie. not dropping them in the zebidee 5 minutes before you’re due at x company on Monday morning. You’ll still get last week paid if you’ve handed your time sheet in.

also dont forget any holiday pay you may have acrued

I am working for 1st class drivers and they said as i am on a permenant basis i must give them one weeks notice,only been there a week so no holiday pay to come.

Looks like have to pull a sickie.
Mark

brit_mark:
I am working for 1st class drivers and they said as i am on a permenant basis i must give them one weeks notice,only been there a week so no holiday pay to come.

Looks like have to pull a sickie.
Mark

A mate of mine called Martin works for them too, he’s class 1 though. I think given the time of year you’d be better working as and when you want to on agency, not full time. There is a nasty clause to the perm employment with them which you want to be careful of. You’re guaranteed so many hours per month but if you do overtime and they can’t find work for you in your fifth week then they won’t pay you anything because you’ve already worked the hours they’ll pay you with you doing overtime, do you follow?

I wouldn’t give them house room.

I have heard of these contracts and I agree with Rob!!!
do not touch with a barge pole!

Glad to here you got sorted Mark, is that the upvc firm at the top of the Ainleys? If it is they use demount boxes so that will be another string to your bow.

Like Rob said though, don’t miss out on last weeks brass. At the end of the day they promised you the earth on your doorstep and from what I gather, throw you in at the deep end. You owe them nothing. They on the other hand owe you a weeks brass.

is that the upvc firm at the top of the Ainleys

That’ll be JF then.

Ken.

No it’s not up ainleys it’s down Longroyd Bridge.

Them 1st class drivers are a con.

You actually get paid i think they said it was 5.61 and then they make it up in non taxable allowances like milage,boot allwance,dry cleaning etc,
Mark