Stobarts - quick question!

Just noticed they are looking for trampers out of Crick, and I am um’ing and ah’ing about applying.

Couple of quick questions which may save a phonecall or wating theirs or my time, if any one on for them can advise;

1. I live Cannock - do they view distance away from depot as a big issue Re. trampers

If I apply it is purely for the money, and potential increased job security and this leads to my 2nd question,

1. If by chance I actually get an offer of a job, and I turn it down, is that it - marked for life, i.e straight in the bin if I apply later on in life?
    I dont want to burn any bridges before I have even crossed them, and as I’m undecided I’d rather leave it than, close a potential door I might want to go through later on.

TBH I am happy where I am (one man band, love my job, but crap money, and with the wifes job in the balance at the moment, money is important) and just need an informed opinion before I make my own mind up on the pro’s/con’s etc, I have an idea of the job and everyones differing opinion on Stobarts but I fancy finding out for myself.

Cheers in advance
Kieren

Im sure that i have read they like you to live no more than 30minutes away,
Tonyb

if i was applying id wait and go for one of those d.s.s jobs[white van man] .free van, fuel ,paid travelling .
one told me when he was off sick for 6 months he kept his van and fuel card.
as regards to your questions, doesnt corby jobs say within 30 mins preferable, but i know plenty that travel well over that, id guess if they had 2 drivers , one lives 30 mins away and one 2 hrs theyd pick the 30 mins, but if your all 2 hrs theyll take whats avaliable.
would they hold it against you if you turned down a job[BOSSES HOLDING GRUDGES, WHATEVER NEXT] :wink: :laughing: :laughing: .seriously , thats the point of the interview to see whether you suit them and they suit you.i mean some drivers are like yoyo,s ,gone one week,back the next,gone again
n.b if your after the big bucks dont have a holiday, no meal allowance,o/t ,its ■■■■ poor :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Cheers for the quick replies.

I had noticed on one of the job ads the 30 min “rule” but on the tramping one it wasnt so just thought I’d ask someone whilst I’m on here.

Regarding the grudges bit - I had to ask cos I’ve been shafted in that exact way before with a fairly big company so if I didnt ask, I wouldnt know, and you hear that many rumours I’d rather just ask someone who actually may have a clue, but good point about “seeing wheter you like them aswell etc” I never thought of it like that.

Re. money wise - trust me - still better than current wages.

Kieren

My dad applied for a job with em, when they got in touch they offered him company van/phone paid fuel etc, only they wanted him to drive any truck from any depot that hes told… in the end he found better