Eddie stobarts

Hi all, I know this isn’t the most popular subject on here, I’m just after some information please. I just wondered how soon after the closing date for a position are you notified that your been invited for interview/assessment? The closing date was 11th April and I’ve not heard anything?! I’m guessing I’ve been unsuccessful but a thanks but no thanks email would of been nice?! Thanks for your time

Where are you applying to? I sent a speculative CV a few years ago and heard about two weeks later. If I were you I’d just give them a call and ask. No harm is it. I stayed about 3 months as Tramping isn’t for me but I’ve driven for worse companies.

Took them several months to contact me. First applied in November and got a phone call the following March.

They’ll send you a letter first telli g you you’ve passed the initial application then they invite you for an assessment pass that then you get an interview then if your really unlucky they offer you a job to be honest your probably better off with some small haulage company I wanted to join them when I first started out 2 years ago but now ive spoke to drivers who have came from there not a very nice company eg do an 11 hour shift then come back and its could you take this to such a place drive the fuel bonus is v hard to achieve and countless other things so don’t worry if you don’t here anything grass isn’t always greener at stobarts.

We had a subbie in our place delivering bricks last week, he stated he did some subbie work for Stobarts in Sherburn the week before delivering pallets of coca cola, he also stated he had 18 phone calls in the first hour of driving asking him about his E.T.A, he told his boss to “never send me there again” he said he was a very laid back kind of guy, but that was beyond the pale.

Friend of mine is doing casual relief shifts for them, he says they are treating him well. The pay (for him at least) isn’t great, £7.20 per hour for daytime work. Nights and weekends are more.

roadrunner:
We had a subbie in our place delivering bricks last week, he stated he did some subbie work for Stobarts in Sherburn the week before delivering pallets of coca cola, he also stated he had 18 phone calls in the first hour of driving asking him about his E.T.A, he told his boss to “never send me there again” he said he was a very laid back kind of guy, but that was beyond the pale.

I’ve been at stobarts years and even on general haulage I never had a call asking my eta. I smell driver dung.

On my first day at stobarts I was 3 hours late for my last drop and still didn’t get a call.

th2013:
Friend of mine is doing casual relief shifts for them, he says they are treating him well. The pay (for him at least) isn’t great, £7.20 per hour for daytime work. Nights and weekends are more.

casual pay is £9.50 on days mon to fri I know I this as its what I get paid

Trucker Ed:

th2013:

casual pay is £9.50 on days mon to fri I know I this as its what I get paid

Are you working out of Carlisle? I know for sure he is getting that lower rate, but wouldn’t know why. I know he isn’t on agency. He is in his first year of class 1.

Read more

Closing date: 31/10/2014

LGV C+E (Class 1) Flexi / Casual - Various Locations

Shift Pattern: Flexi / Casual (Days & Nights). Roles are offered on a zero hours contract basis with various shifts available
Salary: Dependent on shift:-
Saturday Nights - £13.50 per hour
Saturday Days - £11.50 per hour
Sunday Days - £12.50 per hour
Monday to Friday Days - £9.50 per hour
Monday to Friday Nights - £10.50 per hour
Reporting to: Operations Manager

jobs for casual drivers are still advertised as above showing rates of pay

Thanks have sent to him

happysack:

roadrunner:

I’ve been at stobarts years and even on general haulage I never had a call asking my eta. I smell driver dung.

But your vehicle would have been tracked so they knew where you were and could estimate your arrival time. The subbie wouldn’t have isotrack so I imagine his being pestered by the office planner isn’t BS.

Do Stobarts take trainee drivers on? I saw one post about paying them £2000 and they take you on and train you up over a 26 week period. I was contemplating it at one point, but I was put off by a couple of peoples comments.

Anybody know anything about their trainee program? Anybody ever been part of this “academy” they have?

m1cks:

happysack:

roadrunner:

But your vehicle would have been tracked so they knew where you were and could estimate your arrival time. The subbie wouldn’t have isotrack so I imagine his being pestered by the office planner isn’t BS.

Aye ok. But 18 calls in an hour? You honestly believe that they phoned him every 3 minutes? Driver bull ■■■■ alert. I would guess he was maybe phoned twice, but for story purposes he plucked the 18 number out of thin air.
Same subbie will probably tell tales about the balcony, the ferry and chalk.

18 calls is permissable. 17 of them could have been missed calls. Quite easy to hike the numbers up by pressing redial. Quite often had fustrated planners hit the redial button if there’s no answer. The fact somebody may be driving is of no concern to them.

Didn’t have a tracker when I started. Didn’t get pestered.

Endgame:
Do Stobarts take trainee drivers on? I saw one post about paying them £2000 and they take you on and train you up over a 26 week period. I was contemplating it at one point, but I was put off by a couple of peoples comments.

Anybody know anything about their trainee program? Anybody ever been part of this “academy” they have?

I went for an interview to go on there academy and passed it however went a different route, only due to time span. It did seem ok. I was informed it was two to one training. you had to get you’re own medical done, and sort your license out then they did a week in the classroom for theory and hazard perception before all going on the Friday to the test centre. On completion of this they would then book you in for you’re next course.