Which one to go for?

Hello, all. PLEASE DONT START :unamused: Im after a tramping job in Northamptonshire area after the new year. ive worked at maritime last year and really liked it but the pain in the back side was that I never had my own unit. every time I would get back I would have to get my gear out and stick it in another motor and they kept telling me you’ll get one don’t worry and all that. to cut the long story short ive left because we just had our first baby and my other half wanted me home every night. but now shes 1.5 years young so ive been allowed to take off again :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: HERE GOES :blush: :blush: Ive been thinking of applying at stobarts down at crick. don’t think the money would that much different work looks easy enough but whats the gig with the units… do you get one straight away or do you keep having to cab hop until something pops along. PLEASE don’t start bashing them cuz that’s not what im after.

P.S. any stobart drivers tramping out of crick please do PM me :wink:

thank you and ive got my tin hat ready just to be ready if its gonna kick off.

I suppose you could always phone them for an informal chat? I’ve never worked for them so I don’t know anything about them.

Why not see if there are vacancies at NFT Daventry/Crick. Home every night so you’ll see more of your child, and more money in the bank each week.

Good luck with the job hunt.

Judehamish:
Why not see if there are vacancies at NFT Daventry/Crick. Home every night so you’ll see more of your child, and more money in the bank each week.

Good luck with the job hunt.

as sad as it sounds but I really love tramping. don’t see the point in doing 13-15h days as a day man. I’d rather stay away and get back on a Friday or whatever. each to their own I suppose :smiley:

Each to their own!

I remember reading on here that Mark Dixon had been relocated to Sherburn as Stobarts had closed Crick.

Aren’t Stobby’s based out near Rugby now?

You will get your own truck but when your not in it it will more than likely be used by other drivers, there own or agency. The only time you’ll cab hop is if you take a holiday relief tramping job.

Trucker 8 oy will still have to empty the companies unit before each rest period I should imagine.

A smaller family firm is the answer, where the wages are usually lower.

Wouldie:
You will get your own truck but when your not in it it will more than likely be used by other drivers, there own or agency. The only time you’ll cab hop is if you take a holiday relief tramping job.

Not much you can do about that is it. If it has to go out it has to go out. As long as it comes back in one piece :slight_smile:

Do you get to choose what lorry do you get cuz they run a fleet of scanias and volvos.

Trucker8oy:

Wouldie:

Not much you can do about that is it. If it has to go out it has to go out. As long as it comes back in one piece :slight_smile:

Do you get to choose what lorry do you get cuz they run a fleet of scanias and volvos.

Yea ,mr stobart takes you for a ride round all the main dealers on your first day and lets you choose what motor takes your fancy,he will even let you stick the young uns name on the front like mark dixon has :unamused: in the real world it will be more like,that 2yr old fh in the corner whos last driver was a scruffy fat reaster and smelt like a ferrit ,thats yours shag :laughing: :wink:

Trucker8oy:

so you want your own truck that no one else will drive and you also want to pick what make you drive ?

just tell them you want a V8 Scania topline, i,m sure they will sort you out

chaversdad:

Trucker8oy:

so you want your own truck that no one else will drive and you also want to pick what make you drive ?

Well if ill be tramping i would like the same motor for a week,i havent said anything about not wanting it to get used while im off.

I understand about choosing the motor, I detest scanias they’re utter ■■■■ to drive and to tramp in so if I could choose a volvo over that heap of ■■■■ it would be a deal maker or breaker :stuck_out_tongue:

OllieNotts:
I understand about choosing the motor, I detest scanias they’re utter [zb] to drive and to tramp in so if I could choose a volvo over that heap of [zb] it would be a deal maker or breaker :stuck_out_tongue:

Amen to that brother

Trucker8oy:

chaversdad:

Trucker8oy:

Well if ill be tramping i would like the same motor for a week,i havent said anything about not wanting it to get used while im off.

To be fair pal you sound very cab happy to me who likes to treat a motor like its his own,a lorry to green plague is just a set of keys to earn money,there must be some smaller firms round your way who do nights out with descent gear,they will love you :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

seth 70:

Trucker8oy:

chaversdad:

Trucker8oy:

To be fair pal you sound very cab happy to me who likes to treat a motor like its his own,a lorry to green plague is just a set of keys to earn money,there must be some smaller firms round your way who do nights out with descent gear,they will love you :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

I do like looking after the kit that i get. :slight_smile: There might be but usually they either run bent or motors are ■■■■■■■■■■■■…

Trucker8oy:

seth 70:

Trucker8oy:

chaversdad:

Trucker8oy:

I do like looking after the kit that i get. :slight_smile: There might be but usually they either run bent or motors are ■■■■■■■■■■■■…

Look at the photos of trucfest etc,see which firms from near you have drivers doing stuff like m8,must be loads of firms crying out for drivers like yourself who will take care of their kit :wink:

I havent received any P.Ms from stobart drivers yet. very strange. Very strange indeed. :slight_smile: i wanna talk bussiness people :slight_smile:

I think the Scania’s are kept for the Biomass, and Tesco work, that is from what I have seen on the road anyway.

Trucker8oy:
I havent received any P.Ms from stobart drivers yet. very strange. Very strange indeed. :slight_smile: i wanna talk bussiness people :slight_smile:

After 4 hoursâ– â– ? Patience is a virtue and they (Stobart trampers) may be more interested in getting fed, watered and rested.