Good paking Bewick on Tweed

Anyone know of a good paking spot nr Bewick, will be arriving early am thurs but not able to acess hospital till 8pm thurs evening.
Gratefull for any suggestions

You used to be able to park on the quay/dock at Berwick, not sure if you still can or not mate…
There was a small toilet block there, and a Pub, Chinese, Chippy and a Cafe right outside the dock entrance IIRC…

keep going down towards a1 heading towards edinburgh when you see the sea dont turn left go straight across roundabout on to industrial est and park there used to park there a lot and asda was 5 min walk as it is straight across from ind est hope this helps

Certainly still park on the quay, just your arrival time could be a problem for getting a space. There is an industrial estate on the way down to the harbour where parking was allowed. coming from the south use the roundabout where the A1 crosses the 698, right there then follow the signs for lorry parking down to the docks. You pass the industrial estate on the way, hope this helps

Try Purdy Lodge, about 15 miles south of Berwick. Stopped there a few times without any complaints.

www.thepurdylodge.co.uk

Thanks for all the sugestions

Hope you arent driving owt bigger then 7.5 tonner to the hospital we took a 7.5 tonner down once and even we struggled its so tight in some places :smiley:
Purdy lodge is ok to park they dont charge either. There is loads of lay bys all over on A1 but if you want to be close to town then either the ind est thats been mentioned or instead of going straight on there go left for Edinburgh and park at first lay by on the other side of the road its quiet enough for you to have tie, the pub on that corner is good for dinner think its last inn in england or something along those lines. Also turning right I have got my 18 tonner into the car park behind macdonalds where the travel lodge is just past the morrisons which is on the right as you drive towards town.

Its an artic I,m taking in mobile CT Scanner, we have had them in before, and yes it is tight, but not the worst we do.

If your heading North take the 3rd exit on second Roundabout signposted Etal there’s an industrial estate along there, that road actually brings you out just before the Bridge so you can turn left across the bridge then left again in the town centre to go up to the hospital.

If you want peace and Quiet you can go straight over the 2nd roundabout on the A1 across the bridge, just before the brow of the hill turn right and park down that road keeping away from the houses, but it’s ussually pretty quiet and the natives are ok, that road will bring you down to the Railway bridge at the top of the main street.

I’ve been down there with a double deck trailer so you shouldn’t have any problems with an artic.

OllieNotts:
go left for Edinburgh and park at first lay by on the other side of the road

i would park in the layby facing edinburgh. its bigger and the burger van is far better. i know myself and at least one other member of this site are customers of Adam. the layby is only a mile or so from berwick and you can turn round by crossing the dual carriageway. ask Adam where to turn round. he does it every day

With having so much waiting time i’d be tempted to either stop at purdy lodge or continue to cedar cafe both have facilities and are about 30/40 mins away from berwick

I have just looked on google maps for my little parking area in Scremerston. It looks like it has been closed for 25 years. A lovely little pub with a quiet layby opposite :stuck_out_tongue:

scanny77:

OllieNotts:
go left for Edinburgh and park at first lay by on the other side of the road

i would park in the layby facing edinburgh. its bigger and the burger van is far better. i know myself and at least one other member of this site are customers of Adam. the layby is only a mile or so from berwick and you can turn round by crossing the dual carriageway. ask Adam where to turn round. he does it every day

Depends on time of day though he used to go home for 2-3pm and I thought op was there for evening drop :confused:
He does do a lovely square sasuage and egg cob though we used to go hungry on the double manned runs up there just so we could stuff our face :sunglasses:
And never use one on the other side it is disgusting :smiley:

he used to open 7am - 3pm til some nutcase attacked him. now he opens at 8am. he was a chef before opening the van. he also owns one south of berwick which his mate runs for him. there are 3 burger vans at the flags. the one you want is the yellow one. the other two are owned by the same people and are disgusting. just watch out for tourists. they take photos of everything. me, Adam, the burger van, the truck. anything that stands still long enough ends up in front of some daft sods lens. i even had some mad woman dancing round next to my wagon having her picture taken. i was too gobsmacked to say anything :laughing:

:laughing:
What kind of ■■■■■■■■ attacks a burger van lad? Scum :imp: I knew he had the one at the castle(hagglestone or something like that lol)
He was telling us one day a bloke think it was a tipper driver ate from the little one by him and an hour up the road it went straight through him and he was on side of A1 with his kecks round his ankles! He drove back and rammed his little cob van over with the edge of his trailer onto the ditch behind :smiley: Didnt even give the bloke a chance to get out or warning just drove up and BANG :grimacing: wish i’d seen that lol

when i say nutcase, i mean quite literally. he didnt try to rob him. he was chatting away then attacked him. Adam bopped him and phoned the police. the guy got sectioned.
he is a good lad. there have been many a time when a 45 minute break has turned into 2 hours followed by a swift exit. iceland have everything planned including ETA for return so i would hammer it back, stop for a blether and leave myself enough time to get back from there. they didnt mind that but there was one or two occasions where i was an hour late due to reading the wrong time which was easily rectified by knocking an hour off my hours sheet. i didnt mind doing that when it was my fault and it helped to keep me in the good books and that secures future work :wink:

OllieNotts:
Purdy lodge is ok to park they dont charge either.

I think you will find mate you do have to pay. £7 for parking or £12 with a fiver meal voocher

kirky7:

OllieNotts:
Purdy lodge is ok to park they dont charge either.

I think you will find mate you do have to pay. £7 for parking or £12 with a fiver meal voocher

I parked up there last year in 26tonner from 5pm till 12pm the next day and never got paid or charged :grimacing: I looked all over for charges board to find nothing, also had a look round other trucks and no one had pay and display tickets on so I assumed was free. Sat in bar and had a few beers while talking to lovely bar maid then had dinner and a few tins in me cab hence the late start next day I had a bad head :smiley:

thanks for all the suggestions and info all, but as I left aberdeen at 1800 made an excecutive desicion,hoping to watch the match.
Parked at Last drop in Dundee (match not on :angry: :angry: ) but food good, and the company in the bar better, and hoping for a senic daytime run tommorrow, to get there 2000.
will check out places mentioned for future reference as this 24 hr layover is likley to happen for a month or two.
On a bad note it looks like the last drop has its days numbered, and come september the bar/cafe will be no more, although they are hoping to keep the truck park/cafe running in some form, lets hope they can,but without the bar which has always had a mix of locals and drivers I think another good stop is about to dissapear