Edinburgh

Likely to be in Ediburgh tomorrow night, looked up parking there, and i’ve found Britannia road truckstop, the website may not be upto date, so does anyone know if the truckpark is open please? Or if there is a better alternative.

I delivered steel to a site right in the town centre, Just parked up there at the side of the road. Good pubs and plenty of takeaways.

If I have to kill time in Edinburgh I go to IKEA at Straiton junction at the South end of the by-pass.

alamcculloch:
If I have to kill time in Edinburgh I go to IKEA at Straiton junction at the South end of the by-pass.

Mmmm sounds interesting . . whiling away the hours in Ikea :neutral_face:

Remember you can branch out there is an Asda ,Argos,Sainsbury and Sportsdirect point is the large parking area.Its also near Roslin Chapel from Dan Browns Da-Vinci Code so you could get a bit of culture to go with the meatballs.The Festival is on just now as well.

limeyphil:
I delivered steel to a site right in the town centre, Just parked up there at the side of the road. Good pubs and plenty of takeaways.

was that the international conference centre ?

I stopped at that hole of a sevices at Musselburgh last week and a guy called George came round telling me they have opened a new truckstop near Portobello, the old coach park, might be worth a try.

Dieseldog66:
I stopped at that hole of a sevices at Musselburgh last week and a guy called George came round telling me they have opened a new truckstop near Portobello, the old coach park, might be worth a try.

I overnighted at Musselburgh a few weeks ago, when it was really hot. Hoping to get a shower, couldn’t even get a wash as the bloke’s bog was closed. :unamused:
I got one of those flyers too - gonna give it a go this week.

jossk1990:

limeyphil:

I think so.

Thanks for the help. Managed to park up where i delivered at Charles Letts in Dalkeith

limeyphil:

jossk1990:

limeyphil:

I think so.

I spent best part of three months running back and forward to there with a 7.5 tonner. Got a tad boring after a while