Parking in Scotland

Right my last drop is EH19 3LW

I am looking for a nice spot along the A1 south heading back to Peterborough. Any good services or spots with food etc along there. I normally cut through the countryside to scotch corner but with the ice etc don’t want to risk it.

info would be grateful

There aren’t really any services on the A1 north of the border.

Try cedar cafe at granthouse on the a1 bout 15 mies or so from Berwick. Food is excellent and you can get a shower for £2.

cedar cafe at grantshouse ( TD11 3RP ‎) shower, great food and plentiful, you think it’s expensive till you see the amount on the plate.

adderstone services belford ( NE70 7JU ) not the best stop foods expensive and not plentiful, cant remember how much too park, you can get fuel on fuel cards here, showers are ok as long as no one has taken a dump in one.

you could park in the ind est at the first r/a at berwick upon tweed on that r/a is a morrisons with a cafe, a mcdonalds, a hotel that does evening meals.

dont know if you can still park overnight down the harbour at berwick

you can park beside the lindisfarne inn ( TD15 2PD ) if your early enough, pub does evening meals but cant vouch for it as if i’m ever in that area then i use the cedar cafe

You can still park on the docks in Berwick short walk to pub and food etc

Probably too late now but is Purdy’s still operational?
Somewhere just south of Berwick…

axletramp:
Probably too late now but is Purdy’s still operational?
Somewhere just south of Berwick…

yep now known as adderstone services

Best fish & chips ever are to be had from just outside the gate at Berwick.

Cheers for the info. I had planned to stop at cedar café but had to head back in to Glasgow the following morning to get 3 pallets.

I will bear that in mind though

Cheers