Safe parking between hexham & Edinburgh please!

Off up north today, any decent parking between Hexham & Edinburgh please!

Lorry parking in centre of Hexham shower at sports centre plenty of pubs and eating places

I heard that was finished now. Not been that way for a while so don’t know for definite

Car park in Jedburgh, easy walk into town. There’s a leisure centre over the road. Think I paid £1 for a shower but it was worth it.

happysack:
I heard that was finished now. Not been that way for a while so don’t know for definite

I don’t think it’s finished I think it’s just that if you are not parked in the lorry bays but are parked in the normal car park section when the wardens come around they will give you a ticket now.
Trouble is there are only about 7 truck bays and the last time I stopped there they were full of rigid tippers from the same company, I was told its a local haulier and he keeps them there on a night.
Last time I stopped there trucks were parked all over so as long as you get there after the car park attendant goes and you leave before the wardens are out in the morning you’ll be fine I could be wrong though so I stand to be corrected.

If you not bothered there are plenty lay by on the A1 some set back

Or if you can make Alnwick there is a BP station on the right you can park in there or Stanington Jet station behind the garage there are a few places

Or plenty lay by on the A69 if going that way

The quayside at Berwick docks.

What about Carter Bar A68?

Thanks for all the suggestions found a lorry park in Newtown st Boswells on the 68, co op just round the corner n pub/hotel in village.

Easier going up the A1 btw than the A68 it is quicker might be slightly longer but by far quicker ( yep done both ) A68 nice scenic road but too many speed cameras on there lot less on A1 & more duel carriageway

A68 great for bikes mind :laughing: :laughing:

Yeh been up the A1, found it boring, 68 quiet if I got a queue behind me just pulled into parking space n out again even got thank you waves. Don’t get that down south. My delivery not till 1030 so no rush may get camera out! :smiley: