good news and bad news

the good news is that my company is expanding, opening a new depot and will be looking for around 30 C+E drivers. ( Nuneaton area)
bad news, is that they are cutting back at my depot and are looking at redundancies of… you guessed…around 30 drivers, which is around 40% of the workforce.
been here before!!

i bet its Parcelnet

hitch, sent you a PM

So basically there’s no good news - well possibly not for you anyway.

I hope it doesn’t affect your job Del and best of luck!

What really get’s my back up is when companies describe this sort of scenario as “expansion”.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Sorry to hear of the bad news hope you will survive the cull.Are they anyway a decent company to work for as i know a few lads in the nuneaton area that are desperate for work at the moment?

Andy,
from the co’s point of view it is expansion and to be honest it’s what I would do if I were running the company.
Just hope the redundancy package is a good deal!!.. if I am selected :cry: (I only wanted to hang on for 3 more years)

Dox ,
a very good company to work for. wages are decent ( for Yorks area, don’t know what rates are for your area), Conditions, i.e. sick pay ,holidays, pension etc are good.
They are a bit choosy on who they set on and will no doubt be doing full asessments.
I would post current rates of pay but am not sure if they are preparing a new deal altogether.
Units (mainly DAF CF 85’s) are all changed at 5 years, maintenance is good, no bent hours etc.
Little or no loading/ unloading, mainly trailer swaps.
I have been there 16 years so can’t be all bad.
they can be a bit fussy over petty infringements but nothing to lose any sleep over.
not the best paid that I have worked for but definately the most proffesional and it is a company that is going to be a lot more important in the future.

DO NOT MENTION MY NAME… IT IS A DIRTY WORD THERE :laughing:

ta for PM picked it up this morning
which depot you at i assumed Peterborough cos i think its ex Freemans operation
girls at UPS (Lynx) next door thinks you’ll be in by February

not peterborough (spits with disgust)
EE, BAH, GUM…give you a clue.
Gods own county.

found it in the old Sharwoods building
now occuppied by TNT Post (newsfast something else)
Parcelnet have taken over TNT Post
according o website

i am not too sure about taken over TNT post, but there is certainly some kind of co-operation there.

del949:
Gods own county.

So it’s Scotland then !!!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

del949 wrote:
Gods own county.

So it’s Scotland then !!!

Wink Wink Wink