Going into Swiss

Hi all,its been 7 years since i’ve doune Eurowork,can anyone remind me the proceedure for going into Swiss both transiting and when your tipping there,many thanks.

The guys who do swiss daily/weekly will be on here later in the week
here are a few links; LOOK at the stickys ,which are worth having a read through
SWISS-1
and this one HERE

either way tip or transit you need a vehicle card for your tolls which you can get easily at the swiss douanes. take all the vehicle documents so they can process a card for you.
then with said card and auto machines at the border you put your mileage for entry then gives you a printed ticket which upon leaving swiss you write the mileage, sign it and hand it in.
as for paperwork for customs i don’t think its changed since you went 7 years ago maybe just got lot quicker

Not as bad as some people make out.

Assuming going through Weil am Rheine border but principals the same wherever.-

TRANSIT-
Ideally nip into any agents office in Dover for a T2.
Have a coffee(normally free) while agent is doing it’s bit.
Walk across to FSA hand paperwork in.
During busy periods have another coffee.
When paperwork given back go forth and continue journey.
Arrive at Swiss border.
Take paperwork into German Customs windows are normally marked TRANSIT or IMPORT etc.
Then walk a few windows down to Swiss customs.
Sort out road tax.
Crack on to exit border.
Arrive at exit border.
Some borders make you fill a form out, easy enough examples are on the wall albeit heavilly covered in graffiti but you will get the jist.
Take paperwork to Swiss custom’s.
Then change windows to Italian customs.
Then exit.

Now as I have only actually delivered in Swiss a couple of times I will leave it for greater minds.

FFS make sure your trailer is less than 4m in height, they are dead keen on this, sensors all over the place on motorways etc

LOOK THROUGH the pdf which is at the top of the links shown when you
click on HERE
IT IS ABOUT THE TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT SYSTEM USED before the border on
the german side, Pay attention, do not try and jump the queue or disobey
any of the signs, video cameras, in place and the nice German Police man
are around waiting to relive one and all of your hard earned cash,
Another point, the use of video cars, van,s mobilecarvans
is prolific along the A5 and they are good at catching all those breaking
the Law, No overtaking is in force for a very large segment of theA5
so DO NOT TRY IT; AS ITS CASH AND POINTS WHEN caught,

Thanks for all replies,just a bit daunting when i havent been there for so long.

mb14:
Thanks for all replies,just a bit daunting when i havent been there for so long.

If the truck has been in recently it will flash up that you already have a registration card issued, in that case they will do you another one but you have to pay for the replacement. If that is the case it is worth hunting around the cab for it first.

Here’s Harry’s Top Tip for entering Switzerland.

When you get to the border and park your truck, make sure you forget to make a note of your tachograph kilometre reading, then you will get a nice spot of exercise when the Swiss make you trudge 600 yards back to the truck to get it. :wink:

or do what i did and didn’t get one of my documents stamped by the italian customs so when i pulled up at the booth they wouldn’t let me through so i had to reverse back much to the digust of fellow truckies behind me :blush: :blush: :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thetaff:
or do what i did and didn’t get one of my documents stamped by the italian customs so when i pulled up at the booth they wouldn’t let me through so i had to reverse back much to the digust of fellow truckies behind me :blush: :blush: :blush:

There is a pillock at Bardonnex does that he makes you walk 600 yds to an agent to get a blank piece of paper stamped then he will stamp it, all the rest just stamp the paper and then you drive to the Swiss parking and walk into the agents office. The couple of French customs girls there are very helpful though

Wheel Nut:

Thetaff:

There is a pillock at Bardonnex does that he makes you walk 600 yds to an agent to get a blank piece of paper stamped then he will stamp it, all the rest just stamp the paper and then you drive to the Swiss parking and walk into the agents office. The couple of French customs girls there are very helpful though

Ah Bardonnex, home of the less bright customs officials. I did a delivery in Lyon, had one in Geneva and then one in Milan. The Customs guy at Bardonnex could not get it into his head why I was entering Switzerland at Bardonnex and exiting at the Simplon. He was convinced I should transit or deliver but not both. He lost in the end. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

Wheel Nut:

Thetaff:

Ah Bardonnex, home of the less bright customs officials. I did a delivery in Lyon, had one in Geneva and then one in Milan. The Customs guy at Bardonnex could not get it into his head why I was entering Switzerland at Bardonnex and exiting at the Simplon. He was convinced I should transit or deliver but not both. He lost in the end. :wink:

I’ve had the same problem, delivering to Geneva then back out to deliver to Grenoble, they couldn’t understand how I could transit from Bardonnex to Bardonnex, it took our agent in Geneva to sort the muppet out. :confused:

jimti:

Coffeeholic:

Wheel Nut:

Thetaff:

I’ve had the same problem, delivering to Geneva then back out to deliver to Grenoble, they couldn’t understand how I could transit from Bardonnex to Bardonnex, it took our agent in Geneva to sort the muppet out. :confused:

They aren’t the sharpest tool in the Swiss Army Knife there, that’s for sure.

dont talk to me about the Bardonnex customs :cry
it all depends which boarder xing you use we use koblenz /waldshut and never have much hastle here except for finding somewhere to park