Who wants Switzerland ? ??

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=92617
Have you ever drove there ?
Enlighten us.

Yeah, used to go there on a weekly basis…used to cross at St Louis, and clear the t forms at muttenz, and 9/10 tip and reload there, sometimes would get sent to load at Agfa or whatever and then top up back at muttenz or at leasrt get the t forms done there for the return journey…a great job when i worked for RFS erith .

Yup been there loads of times, theres a couple lads on here still doing it now… clearing is easy once you have done it once even transiting to Italy is easy I used to transit Basle to Chiasso regularly and never had a problem all you need is a good agent

Been there , got the T`shirt, nice steady run if your prepared ,
Load UK- run to ferry - cross channel duty free :grimacing:
Quick nip through bomb alley and down through Belg/Lux to Metz (avoids F tolls :sunglasses: ).
Used to entry Basel (Basle) - 08:00 hrs on the ball … phone agent : …
Clear forms + Purchase sticker ticket for trans per day there.
Remove excess load for swiss @ clearing house, then run remainder direct to customer.
28.oo tonne max running through Swiss mainland if i remember correctly :unamused: Anything over and you run risk of hefty fine/s @ border,
and they will charge you for overweight carried pro-rata per km.
Phone agent, (used to be Racine - anyone remember him ■■ :unamused: ) then :
Couple of collections then into Zurich for offload + reload consolidated groupage, back to Basel and top up groupage then home to UK.
Tip out UK friday + reload, back out on ferry on Sunday to do it all again.

Brush up on French and German lingual , as they speak either or both :laughing:
… and probably speak better English then we does :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:
… and probably a touch of Italian if your lucky :smiley:

Seems fair dinkum so long as tspt are paying running money on top, them tolls aint cheap these days.
Top up with goodies and fuel @ Lux on both runs through there and back. :grimacing:

ps. dont forget your snow chains at this time of year :wink:

as ric said clearing is easy with a good agent, just don’t forget your road tax, use to have a smart card for that but its been 10 yrs since i have been there so don’t know if its still the same :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Whatever you do :
don`t mention the War :sunglasses:

And beware the shop-front sun visors on the streets with regards your trailer,
they tend to overhang the pavement slightly sometimes ( as a mate of mine found out to his cost :laughing: :laughing: ).

:open_mouth: Stunning views and scenery, lovely chocolate and very friendly,
but dont wear leather trousers in the bars - :blush: :grimacing:

Try it , you will be glad you did :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Personally I wouldn’t dream of HGV driving abroad - becoming a foreigner just
doesn’t appeal to me - I know what they say about foreigners anyway!
And there’s enough driving stress here in the UK.
Anyho - Good Luck if the job appeals to you.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=92617

We are all foreigners in our own country dude , where`s the difference :question:
Nay stress on long haul dude :wink: give it a go .

Do agree , it is a job and an open opportunity for somebody out there.

Sounds complicated when written down. :confused:

But is it really? Once you’re out on the road.

Everyone has to start somewhere haven’t they? First time for everything? :slight_smile:

Been a few yerars since I did it… but at Basle all customs were in the same building so you went French- to the machine to buy swiss road tax… to swiss customs show CMR and road tax then back to the truck at the other end you went Swiss - got your mileage verified so you paid the right amount of tax over to the Italian got your stamps and bobs your uncle having your CMR right is the key

Give me Euro driving any day. Just had a nice ■■■■ easy trip to Berlin and back. Beats stressful driving here.

I’m in Switzerland now and getting messed about, I came in Monday and tipped Tuesday afternoon since then sit around, rush around, sit around… and so on I’m hoping to be out tomorrow lunchtime.

I usually come in through st Louis and clear at planzers at prattlyn then on with deliveries. Then load groupage to come back with and out through wheil am Rhine.

Last I got cigs and baccy at lux it was no cheaper than Belgium or if it was it was pennies.

On the way back I stop at habay for dinner and a shower then push on into the night.

I don’t know how anyone does Calais to st Louis in 8 hrs. :frowning:

It’s beautiful postcard country with the snow covered mountains.

some of this week.

vv.png

nn.png

vvgt.png

hjhgyug.png

dede3.png

gffr.png

bb.png

I asked a french driver to show me the ropes, there were a few things that have to be done correctly or it will cost time and money when it does go wrong, it took about an hour or more to sort all the paperwork and get that card for the truck, like a bank card.

Rikki-UK:
to the machine to buy swiss road tax…

So simple, a child of eight could do it.

It’s a “maschine” BTW and it doesn’t have a brain so use your own :wink:

Rikki-UK:
Been a few yerars since I did it… but at Basle all customs were in the same building so you went French- to the machine to buy swiss road tax… to swiss customs show CMR and road tax then back to the truck at the other end you went Swiss - got your mileage verified so you paid the right amount of tax over to the Italian got your stamps and bobs your uncle having your CMR right is the key

i remember there use to be a small ■■■■■■■ the french customs desk, always made me chuckle when i saw her walking around outside with this big 9mm piston strapped to her waist if she ever had to use it and pull the trigger would of sent half way across france with the recoil :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I went just the once (To Basel). All I remember is that it was a pain in the arse trying to find the office I needed to be in to clear the transit forms and also that if you don’t speak German then they don’t take to you so well !!! Also don’t you get locked in if they close the border and you haven’t cleared ?

I know a man who could tell you all about running to Swiss :grimacing:

Loved it, first time was with Murfitts, last time Richard Long. And a few cowboys in between :open_mouth:

why do drivers harp on about euro driving being so much better,i did it for 30 years and its no better than here,ive sat in a queue for a ferry in calais for 48hrs when the french went on strike ive never done that on the m6 on a friday,it was great before mobile phones but they screwed the job right up,chase chase chase now,it makes me smile now when i here operation stack in progress on the road reports,all you ever see is nice places out of the window but you will never have time to stop and see them,rant over