Who wants Switzerland ? ??

Is that tunnel still two-way traffic within?

Rikki-UK:
Yup been there loads of times, theres a couple lads on here still doing it now… clearing is easy once you have done it once even transiting to Italy is easy I used to transit Basle to Chiasso regularly and never had a problem all you need is a good agent

Last did that in 1999 delivering a new Land Rover 110 collected at Brooklands. I was headed for Thessalonika, Greece. Vehicle’s final destination was Skopje, Macedonia for Save the Children Charity during the Kosovo war relief effort.
Always remember asking in McDonalds, Chiasso for a cheap hotel (I’d come from Laon, France that day) & being very helpfully directed to one, then the guy checking me in at the hotel double checking my date of birth - it was the same as his!

Dieseldoforme:
Personally I wouldn’t dream of HGV driving abroad - becoming a foreigner just
doesn’t appeal to me - I know what they say about foreigners anyway!
And there’s enough driving stress here in the UK.
Anyho - Good Luck if the job appeals to you.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=92617

Just the same, the Brirsh say about the foreign people in Britain. :laughing:

IMO it’s the most impressive country I’ve ever driven in regarding the views,would love to go again.

Will anyone else own up to finding themselves in a dead end at St Louis when the motorway construction was going on years ago? :smiley: :smiley:
Is that bit of flyover in Basel still jutting out like a spare part?
Had a problem with brushes on a Lucas alternator in Zug or Chur.Took the brushbox in to the local autospark who just happened to be a Lucas agent :open_mouth: Off the shelf and about 50% of the UK price!!!

Jd did see you in planzer you where on the bay near the showers… You can’t do st Louis in 8 hours maybe selestat but then it gets harder to find parking… Watch out round colmar they have a X-ray machine in the services. I had 500 cigarette tubes on bunk and it picked those up.

jessicas dad:
I’m in Switzerland now and getting messed about, I came in Monday and tipped Tuesday afternoon since then sit around, rush around, sit around… and so on I’m hoping to be out tomorrow lunchtime.

I usually come in through st Louis and clear at planzers at prattlyn then on with deliveries. Then load groupage to come back with and out through wheil am Rhine.

Last I got cigs and baccy at lux it was no cheaper than Belgium or if it was it was pennies.

On the way back I stop at habay for dinner and a shower then push on into the night.

I don’t know how anyone does Calais to st Louis in 8 hrs. :frowning:

It’s beautiful postcard country with the snow covered mountains.

you wont do calais to st louis in 8 these days but at 100ks and when you could cut across to epinal to mulhouse or use the colmar tunnel ud easy do it

Euro work is not the same, the positives is the free parking, not being treated like a dog, there are many of us that were out there with no mobile phones, if you broke down you fix it yourself, but most of the time i had some warning of a problem that was arising and would keep my eyes peeled for a back street garage that would rectify it before it became too expensive, and pay with cash.
I had a DKV card, the head office was in Essex, so had to speak to a nice German lady in the UK.
It would be days with no contact with the office, find a cafe with a fax machine or find a coin phone box to give the office the number and they would ring you back for the reload addresses, for tile collections in Valencia and the Onda area that could be a long call, 12 to 14 collections in the mountains, and all the time i got the office address of the tile firm, take 2 hours to find it, then sent to the factory where i should have been to sent to, to get a full trailer could take 2 to 3 days, then top up with groupage.
Porto on Portugal was collecting in the mountains on wednesday to friday, from shoes to marble A frames and textiles.
Then you would move around all night hopping on and off bays at the groupage warehouses like Lassens, Frans Mass, Trevomar,Garland laidley with no sleep then punch on the Burgos or Vitoria after no sleep.

The firm in the advert has no website address.About a a year ago, there was a job advert every month for a driving job to Switzerland, later on i read about the same firm getting in big trouble with the Traffic Commisioner, the report was in one of the truck magazines, judging by constant drivers leaving you can imagine what the job was like,with pay and conditions.

rizlaracing:
Jd did see you in planzer you where on the bay near the showers… You can’t do st Louis in 8 hours maybe selestat but then it gets harder to find parking… Watch out round colmar they have a X-ray machine in the services. I had 500 cigarette tubes on bunk and it picked those up.

I was in planzer yesterday afternoon and now just sat in Calais waiting for the ferry. I finally got off the border at 1600 and parked at Strasbourg.

Thetaff:
IMO it’s the most impressive country I’ve ever driven in
regarding the views, would love to go again.

Switzerland maybe good but it’s much better in Canada and
I mean the Vancouver side of Canada.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=92617

dominicpriestley:
I know a man who could tell you all about running to Swiss :grimacing:

I also know William Tell - once asked me to stick an apple somewhere weird.

Ok I was there weds night was one of yours in there