Help req for Swiss

Good morning to all, I have just got myself a job on euro work after 10 years away from Truck Driving. I have done euro before mainly France Spain Italy.
I will be Transiting Swiss next week or the week after on my way to Italy as I will have a delivery in swiss . I know I have to get T. Form. But I don’t know where to get them from ?
Am I right in saying the border is at St. Louis. ? Please can any one advise me on the correct info. I think I will have Whisky on. IE.do I get all my documents at the border,
( T.Form ) I have heard that it is a nightmare, any good advise would be great .

Thanks.

Someone here will tell you…But your boss should!!!

Hi mate, if you’ve got a Swiss delivery on, you’ll have to clear customs at either Folkestone channel ports or at Dover FSA, with it being booze you’ll need to be sealed at Dover & they’ll issue your T-forms, should say on your notes where your clearing in Uk.
DON’T leave uk without Swiss T forms !
When you get to St. Louis make sure you take your mileage and truck docks, if the trucks not registered in Swiss you’ll need the log book.
It’s not a nightmare mate, just a bit more paperwork !

These guys are very helpful.
harbourshipping.co.uk/?gclid … tAod2UIA0Q

They can sort out vignettes and just about anything you need.
Just explain it’s your first trip. and don’t forget, your boss might want you to come back via swiss, so ask about that.
Most people forget about the coming home bit. :laughing:

Good luck.

let us know how you get on.

Thanks for the info, once iv done it I should be ok.

No probs mate, if you need anymore info send us a pm.
I only stopped doing Swiss last May !

Before entering Switzerland park in the compound where all the agents are,some paper work to do there before being allowed to enter Switzerland.
Once in the number of axles is worked out and they give you a card that represents the size of the vehicle.
The mileage is recorded before and exiting Switzerland then pay per kms traveled
Night time truck ban.I asked help from a French driver who told me where the customs are and how to use the self automated machine to register the truck to get the card for it.
It is easy to make a mistake and really make a mess if it so ut has to be 100% correct the first time.
The driver that helps out at the border does not have to speak English.Hand and arm waving is enough to help out.Food is expensive.Take the camera.Scenery is stunning.Glacier lakes.Clean air.Do not upset the police or customs.They get very irate in seconds and rant and rave in anger.Try venison stew with dumplings and purple cabbage.Have fun.Relax.Take your time with paperwork.

Bit chilly at this time of year for going for a swim in the lakes then toby?? :wink:

bullitt:
Bit chilly at this time of year for going for a swim in the lakes then toby?? :wink:

What about taking the bike that’ll keep you warm cycling up a mountain.

A floating bike.Pack the pot noodles and kettle.A mortage is needed to eat in Toblerone land.No crime there or gassing in the cab.From the man running around Europe with one tin of Wd40.

Once at Swiss border , I found getting the truck parked was the hardest part of my day . I also got a telling off and plenty of hand waving when the guy pass s bit s of ur paperwork thru the window hatch , don’t touch it till he s proper finished ! But most of all enjoy the transit , amazing countryside/scenery … Many thanks to the big lad from unitruc (Essex) that walked me they it first time I went , his help was much appreciated .

When i worked with Boyles we fueled in cappelan(lux) so we always got T forms on the Belgium/Lux border no probs folk very helpfull. But swiss customs a nightmare. Bad enough at St louis murder at Ciasso. Going to Italy Swiss isnt worth the hassle.

josier:
When i worked with Boyles we fueled in cappelan(lux) so we always got T forms on the Belgium/Lux border no probs folk very helpfull. But swiss customs a nightmare. Bad enough at St louis murder at Ciasso. Going to Italy Swiss isnt worth the hassle.

Thanks for that, not my choice to travel swiss but once done it should be ok.
When you got T forms at the boarder where is it . I have never been that way,always ran France in the past.
Thanks.

josier:

Just curious.
Which boyles?

Transiting Swiss is fairly easy, provided your paperwork is correct.
Your boss will tell you which agent to use. Because we ship out through the Humber ports we use a customs agent in Hull. T-forms for Swiss very rarely cause any problems for us.
T-forms have a bar code on them now. The docks scan them on your way out of UK, Swiss customs scan them on the way in and on the way out. Italian customs scan them on your way in.
You also need to pay Swiss road tax, it’s charged by the km. If your wagon has been into Swiss at any time in the past it’ll have an orange card with a chip and a small red shield with a white cross on the front and your reg on it. If not you’ll have to get one. The best place for this is, imo, the St Louis border.
Park up on the parking area. Take a note of your present milage. Take all your vehicle docs with you, log book, mot and authorisation in particular. And take your t-forms, company phone and fuel cards. Go to the Swiss customs. As you go in the door you’ll see a row of windows, go to the right hand one, hand over your vehicle docs. The customs will then process your vehicle particulars and issue you with a card. Turn around and you’ll see an orange maschine behind you with a screen. You’ll know it’s the right maschine because it has a sign on its right side which reads “this maschine has no brian, use your own”.
From here, this is the same every time you come into Swiss.
Insert your orange card into the maschine. The screen will display your vehicle particulars, if it’s all correct press ok on the keypad. It’ll then ask for your milage, put that in using the keypad, press ok. It’ll then ask again about weight, press appropriate number; with or without trailer, press appropriate number; method of payment (of road tax), press appropriate number. The most common method is through a fuel card account, if that’s the method you are going to use your orange card will be spat out, you then insert your fuel card. It’ll read it, then check it’s read it correctly, click ok on the keypad. It’ll spit your fuel card out, then print off your tax slip. Take that and your t-forms to one of the other windows labelled transit. Hand over t-forms and tax slip. They’ll scan the bar codes on everything, make a note of how many t-forms on one and stamp them all up, then hand it all back. Go back to your truck, drive round to one of two booths, hand over t-forms and tax, it’ll be checked to ensure everythings in order, barrier lifts, away ya go job done.
On Monday evenings when I get there, it’s usually quiet. I can normally get my tax and bunch of t-forms scanned, stamped and be on my way again in under 15 minutes. But I’m delivering into Swiss , I’ve been there many times, I can speak a bit of German and I’ve seem most of them many times. I know them, they know me, they know my company, my paperwork is almost always 100% correct, so it’s no bother.
You’re on your first trip, there may be a few hiccups because you don’t really know the system.

I haven’t transited Swiss to Italy since before bar codes came in, so I can’t help you with that end at all.

As has been mentioned, you might use an agent while on route to Swiss.
The customs agent on the Belge/Lux border is right on the border where the E411 crosses into Lux.
There’s a canopy over the motorway, if that’s the agent you’re using, don’t go under that canopy. You’ll have to park on the parking area right on the border. You can’t miss it, honest.

First time is a brain melt down,and has said before it can go pear shaped very quickly.
Ask a driver to show the way is the best way.Good advice from Simon.

Thank you all for your comments, and thanks simon for your informative post,
Hopefully there will be some one there at the time I can chat too.
As I said before once I have done it it should be ok.

A German/Dutch or Belgium driver will help out.Some speak English.
Take your time and not rush or panic.

toby, its the border with switzerland, not pakistan, the worst case scenario is not really a beheading at dawn :laughing:

josier:

+1 always found it easier than getting it at st louis,park up but u need to go under sub way to other side ,in and out in 10 mins