Help req for Swiss

i always got my forms on B/Lux most times was 20-30min border every time i tried to do them in dover i’d end up sitting there for hours

see if you can get sum one to run through the form to fill in for the Italian customs with you as this was what blew my mind first time as its not in English and grab a few spares for next time so you can fill it in before you get there

milodon:
toby, its the border with switzerland, not pakistan, the worst case scenario is not really a beheading at dawn :laughing:

Lol thats what I thought too. The worst that ever happened to me at the Swiss border and I did it pretty much weekly for over 3 years was that German customs at Weil am Rhein would throw the paperwork back at me without explanation and I’d have to trot back upstairs to the agent for them to sort out, and 20 minutes later I’d be back down and it’d be fine.

I dont know if its been mentioned above without reading everything, but something to bear in mind if heading out of Switzerland in to Germany (or it was until 2009) is that the Germans will not let you in without first seeing your original V5 log book so make double sure you have the original, which will be needed if you need to register for a Swiss road tax card any way, as has been said. They will give you a road tax card without the original (I’ve done it) but they make your company in the UK get the police to stamp a copy of it saying its original, and that copy with the stamp has to be then faxed to Swiss customs.

robinhood_1984:

milodon:
toby, its the border with switzerland, not pakistan, the worst case scenario is not really a beheading at dawn :laughing:

Lol thats what I thought too. The worst that ever happened to me at the Swiss border and I did it pretty much weekly for over 3 years was that German customs at Weil am Rhein would throw the paperwork back at me without explanation and I’d have to trot back upstairs to the agent for them to sort out, and 20 minutes later I’d be back down and it’d be fine.

I dont know if its been mentioned above without reading everything, but something to bear in mind if heading out of Switzerland in to Germany (or it was until 2009) is that the Germans will not let you in without first seeing your original V5 log book so make double sure you have the original, which will be needed if you need to register for a Swiss road tax card any way, as has been said. They will give you a road tax card without the original (I’ve done it) but they make your company in the UK get the police to stamp a copy of it saying its original, and that copy with the stamp has to be then faxed to Swiss customs.

All changed now, for transiting Swiss into Germany at Weil am Rhein.
You don’t park up and walk any more.
Just follow the Transit signs to the newly built booths, hand over your T-forms with your completed and signed road tax slip. If everything’s ok, you’ll get them back, drive forward to the next set of booths, they’ll scan your t-forms and I think that’s it. You probably need to hand over your CMRs as well, but I’m not too sure, I’ve only done it once.
I normally load out from Switzerland so I’m exporting, not transiting. Occasionally I pick up a load from a logistics company and the load is transiting, that’s why I’ve only done it once through the new system.

Thats interesting Simon. If you no longer park up and walking in to the transiting office building but just drive up to the booths, where do you stop to get your road tax? Its been almost 5 years since I was there now so I’m sure a lot has changed. Do the Germans still require you to stop on the way out and go in to that little portacabin type building and present your original V5 to be allowed back in to Germany?
I’ve never transited to Italy, 99% of my work was cleared on the border and very occasionally I’d arrive at Weil and then transit internally to a groupage warehouse in Muttenz and clear Swiss customs there.

One thing I never understood, was that 100% of my loads from the UK to Swiss ran on T forms from Dover to Weil am Rhein and cleared in to Swiss there. However I’d say that 50% of my loads from Swiss to the UK would get EU entry in to Germany at Weil and not need any further clearance at Dover and I would not be on T forms, groupage was always on T forms though. If its possible to clear a load in to the EU and not bother with T forms, why use them at all for other loads?

On the way in they have a heavy duty laptop type thing on a wire with a card reader. You do the usual thing on that and it’s printed off in the booth.
Something else I’ve only done once, delivering band equipment to a military tattoo in Basel.
We almost always use St Louis on the way in. You still park and walk there. On the way out too.

We used CHIEF to do Swiss loads, not sure whether you can do high value, like spirits and alcohol on them, but don’t forget the EUR1

Whoever prepares your invoices should be able to tell you which agent to use before leaving the EU or the UK as they are generally paying the bill, or should be.