URGENT! Advice needed on trip to Swiss please

If anyone could give me some advice on Swiss it would be appreciated - I have just landed my first trip there so havent a clue!!

Firstly the best or prescribed routes into the country - I dont yet have the destination, i am however travelling up from Malaga in Spain in an artic, the load will be general non-hazardous.

Secondly, some advice on border crossing procedures, fuel allowances, and what tax if any I have to buy and anything else which I need to know.

Cheers.

where abouts in swiss are you going to also which border crossing are you going to use,

you will need you vehicle documents which show what type engine you have
when you apply for the card which is used for calculateing you costs for the swiss roadtax,height of your trailer must not exceed --4.00meters.you can
take a 40tn into the swiss now .fuel is slightly cheaper than the fuel in GERMANY and they have dropped the fuel checks, do not forget the night ban starts at 2200–0500hrs daily , no driveing is allowed on sundays,
if you have to stay in the swiss do not forget to change up some money into
Swiss.francs, before entering the country,here on the german side going into BAEL::BASEL the time to get into the custom point can take some time
if the agent is good cleari´ng customs should not take longer than 1-2hrs
IF yoou know who the agent is before hand and can FAX them copies of your
customs doc and all other relevant docs ,this does help to speed up
the clearance,can you put a little bit more info across and perhaps then you will get more answers from members which can be a help to you,

For Geneva; viamichelin.com/viamichelin/ … mage2.y=9#
For Basel go ;Barna, La Junquara,Nimes,Lyon ,Chalon ,Mulhouse,St Louis.
Its about 2000 ks &b about 18hrs.

Your vehicle docs also need to be the originals.

You pay a road toll at a rate per km. Your vehicle has to be registered for this. You register your vehicle at the Swiss border control and I think you can only do this at the main ones, like Basel - St Louis or Basel - Weil am Rhine for example, Once you’re registered you can enter through any border.
Your vehicle will be issued with an Orange card with a SIM card type of chip in it. This contains all your vehicle details. Once you get the card, you put it into the slot on one of the tax machines. Follow the procedure through and it will then print out a roads tax form which you carry with you whilst in Switzerland.

One of the things you’re asked for is your odometer reading, make a note of that before you leave your vehicle. It can be a long walk back to get it.
You also need to know how you’ll be paying the toll. It can be set up to take the payment directly from your companies bank account (set up onto the card when you register your vehicle) , from a fuel or company bank card, or cash.
Once you are exiting Switzerland you fill in the odometer reading into the box on the tax form and sign it where indicated. They will check that you aren’t trying to fiddle your km reading occasionally.

Have a quick look in the Euro Drivers Info Point sticky, at the top of the forums list of posts. There is one for the road conditions in Swiss in there.

…and be strictly legal (Truck & Records). They have more controls than the UK…

The Weil-am-Rhein border is even slower at the moment,they have dug the road up as you approach it (German side) so probably better to go for St.Louis.

Thanks for the info everyone, unfortunately I dont yet know the destination so I will have to work out the route myself.

Have a look at this site hombre it has a lot of useful info onit although dated 2006
klunk

glenlogistics.co.uk/Pages/li … tions.html