Going Dutch

Spardo:
Ask KitKat if he likes being called English, or me if I want to be called Scottish :laughing:

I dont have to ask KK if he likes being called English im sure i know the answer!!!, and like mine it would not be allowed on here, I am only going from what i was told by someone from Holland a place i have been to about 8/9 times and they really dont like being called Dutch.

You call them what you want but like calling a Scotsman a ■■■■ :wink: sorry englishman you will get about the same amount of respect from them.

If any Dutch do dislike the word and I’m sure I’ve heared before that some do, its probably due to the similarity with the word ‘Deutsch’ which is ofcourse the great enemy of the Dutch…the Germans!

robinhood_1984:
If any Dutch do dislike the word and I’m sure I’ve heared before that some do, its probably due to the similarity with the word ‘Deutsch’ which is ofcourse the great enemy of the Dutch…the Germans!

You could be right, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the word is yet another example of the English confusing different nationalities in not caring where anyone comes from if it’s the other side of the Channel :laughing: .
Bit like Gypsies being so named because they reputedly passed through Egypt on their way west from India :open_mouth: .

Salut, David.

is this another one of those, “they all run bent, they all use red diesel etc” threads? :unamused:
seems one or two have very short memories!

Well you wont have to wear steelies, you will get cloggies, that has got to be the only plus point so far. Try it, if you dont like it you can get another job.

I was talking to one of Heijboers lads who came in the other week, to deliver to me. And he was telling me some tales, and I asked what the job was like, as they always seem to look busy. And he reckoned they ran more of less to the letter of the law.

And, when I was in scotland last week, I saw one of HSF Logistics motors getting overtaken by a Tesco lorry… Now you don’t see that very often !!

Although, I have noticed of late that HSF seem to be running a b it slower than they used to !!

My mate used to work for the Fredericks brothers (HSF) until middle of last year. He said that when one card ran out he just put another one in with names ■■■■ van Dyke, Ruud van Nistelroy etc. He was on top money but worked for it. However, he says that they do seem to be running by the book now, so maybe things have changed :unamused:

I was at Pembroke Dock about two months ago, and a HSF truck pulled in to the assembly area for the ferry with about an hour before the boat sailed. He decided to get the night boat said he was in no rush!!!

thats not true penfold i am afraid i think your friend may have been telling u fairy stories too lol

did you take the job ?

Jammy…i have always refered to the people of Holland as DUTCH and i always will…along with many other professional international drivers…i suppose that you are one of the politically correct brigade who wants to change everyone over to the correct way.
I always greet the Scottish with a polite Hi Jock
the Welsh with a polite Hi Taff…or maybe…baa
The Irish with a Hi Pat…and never have i been complained to.
No im not ignorant..i try and be friendly to everyone..and would of course call them by their name if i knew it...except of course if their name happens to be Jammy`