VISBEEN

what are they like to work for, as a UK based driver, i put a post in the 1st forum at top about it, think i posted in wrong place, so please read and let me know

sean

if you like your bed then there not good to work for im told

They do a lot of midnight market work. Any thing wrong with the truck & you go to Holland for repair. If you go to Holland for a break in their yard its possible you will be put in another truck to sleep whilst a Dutch guy works your truck. If you are based in the UK stick to UK companies; At the moment they are the best in the whole of Europe. . Driving Dutch plates they expect you to drive like a Dutchman ( but get spots on your licence like an Englishman ) The other trick is that although the firm is based in Holland you dont get Dutch rates or pension.You are paid in UK & any sick pay ect. is paid by the UK government . The Dutch wash their hands of you. If you want to know what it feels like to be Polish driving for foreigners by all means go ( Go-go-go ! :smiley: ) If you are hard up & like hard graft for normal money by all means go. Any UK company will knock spots off any foreign company at the moment. That goes for pay & conditions & the way management treat you. PS Their trailers mostly run at night for a good reason. They are all damaged by Norfolk line tugs roaring them on and off the ferries. But Visbeen doesnt repair them . When the trailer comes off the ferry they just make a claim & keep the cash. It got so bad that if you walk around their trailers you will see damage marked in felt tip with the date because somebody got fed up with claims for the same damage…Hope this helps. PS .They are Dutch so are not to be trusted… :laughing:

Also ,they don`t have a base here. Only a tiny traffic office in FX.

Anyone else need a recomendation…? How about DeRooy…? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I hear De Roy and Visbeen + HSF are all the same running 24/7

But to be fair ,I think its only the ones running on NL plates :laughing:

harry:
Anyone else need a recomendation…? How about DeRooy…? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dont go to derooy never heard a good word about them

harry:
They are Dutch so are not to be trusted… :laughing:

Amen to that, their drivers are usually OK (if a bit arrogant) but the bosses are cut throat bleeders

I worked for the zed bees so I have first hand experience of the zedding back-stabbers

I WORKED FOR VISBEEN FOR 3 YEARS UP TILL NOVEMBER LAST YEAR LEFT TO GO TO ANOTHER DUTCH FIRM .ALL ENGLISH DRIVERS ARE PAID IN THE UK ON THE UK TAX SYSTEM BY AN ENGLISH ACCOUNTANT, ON A SALAREY BASIS, AVARAGE TAKE HOME £2500.00 A MONTH YOU WORK ON A 2 WEEK AWAY 3 DAYS HOME ROTA ALLL DRIVERS UK AND DUTCH RUN STRICTLY LEGAL NOW ( THEY ARE SICK OF PAYING HUGE FINES IN THE UK FOR SMALL STUPID OFFENCES ) YES THERE IS NIGHT WORK WITH THE MARKETS AND ALSO A LOT OF DAY WORK. YOU ARE ALSO TREATED WITH RESPECT AND TALKED TO AND TREATED THE SME AS ANY OTHER MEMBER OF THE GROUP OF COMPANIES ,IF YOU ARE A 9 TO 5 MAN HOME EVERY WEEKEND THIS IS NOT THE JOB FOR YOU

harry:
Also ,they don`t have a base here. Only a tiny traffic office in FX.

THATS NOT THERE OFFICE THATS DAILY FRESH

andy c When I called them back stabbers I mean Dutch & Belgians in general. Its a national tradition . They take great pleasure in doing it to each other,not only to the foreign drivers. The work you are doing suits you at the moment. Horses for courses. But any UK firm will beat a foreign firm at respect & the hourly rate anywhere at the moment. With the foreign outfits you are automatically guilty ( Because you are from the UK ) but they take into consideration anything you have to say in your defence. And, anything wrong with that truck & its fixed in Holland. & you are stuck there until .& unless things have changed big- time UK outfits wouldnt touch their awful old trailers.But a lot of drivers have their reasons for working for a foreign based outfit & good luck to them. The reason you are paid in UK is because ( unless things have changed ) when you get sick or a downturn in work the Dutch can wash their hands of you.& that goes for your Dutch pension as well. So where is Visbeens depot in the UK…? Last time I heard they were shacked up in Nieuwe Tonge .
Visbeen is in with DFresh,Post & Geest. PS. Andy ,switch off the caps-lock. It makes it easier to read.. :laughing: PPS And looking at the time on your post ,I would say you have been on the road for a few thousand Ks & have just got home & ready for a rant ? Have a nice weekend:lol:

harry:
andy c When I called them back stabbers I mean Dutch & Belgians in general. Its a national tradition . They take great pleasure in doing it to each other,not only to the foreign drivers

I agree having worked for the Dutch now for more than 20 years I have got to know their little tricks and childish habits quite well. The best way is to limit your self to the bare necessities of civilised conversation and thereafter ignore them. That way you are not giving the plastic Germans any ammunition to use against you.

Vascoingles Its true. Until you drive foreign plates/ or can speak German do you realize they really are the super-krauts. I felt more comfortable with German drivers,at least they would tell you if they didn`t like you… :laughing:
Having said that, its only back-stabbers ( NL/ B) that you remember . Although amongst the general rubbish i have met many genuine guys. ( They come up to the standard of a normal English Trucker.) :smiley:

The germans do tend to be more straight forward whereas the Dutch will smile at you while stabbing you in the back especially if they think that you cannot understand Dutch

I dont hate the clever` Dutch ,but I know what they are. Its like looking at a Volvo assembled in Holland & the genuine article built in Sweden. They are not the full shilling & as long as you know that they are mostly un-reliable you can enjoy their linguistic acrobatics :laughing: :laughing: