visbeen

as some of you may knowi have just worked for them for 3 weeks,i gave it my best shot, in that time my eyes have been opened to how the dutch firms work and i was more or less told to leave because i want too run legal, so please tell me is this how all eu firms run or have i just had a few bad weeks,
and is there any firms that run out of staffordshire in uk that do e.g uk-holland-uk etc or any other dutch firms e-g nedexco, that allow you to take rig home and pay not bad, it was my 1st experience of eu work, but it has not put me off i just want a legal outfit, any ideas.

xxicelandicxx:
as some of you may knowi have just worked for them for 3 weeks,i gave it my best shot, in that time my eyes have been opened to how the dutch firms work and i was more or less told to leave because i want too run legal, so please tell me is this how all eu firms run or have i just had a few bad weeks,
and is there any firms that run out of staffordshire in uk that do e.g uk-holland-uk etc or any other dutch firms e-g nedexco, that allow you to take rig home and pay not bad, it was my 1st experience of eu work, but it has not put me off i just want a legal outfit, any ideas.

Post Kogeko? :laughing:
Nedexco? :laughing:
HSF? :laughing:
Den Hartogh? :laughing:
Impulse Plants? :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

to my knowledge i was speaking to a post kogeko driver and they do same, but i think the dutch and other peoples defenition of legal is different to uk, HSF wouldnt go there, nedexco i was going to try next, rest not sure, but thanks rob k.

1-Post Kogeko?
2-Nedexco?
3-HSF?
4-Den Hartogh?
5-Impulse Plants?

How about Vos Logistics instead then? :laughing: :laughing:

Or de Boers? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rob K:
How about Vos Logistics instead then? :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: If he wants to work for about £6.15 per hour / 60+ hours a week :laughing: :laughing:

What about Thunderman? I saw a left hand drive dutch unit parked on someones driveway the other day in Dunscroft (near Doncaster).

Vos Logistic are big company in European but they use some dutch, french, german and scottish drivers but mostly they employes polish drivers, some hungarian and czech but most staff by polish bec Vos Logistic take over few company in Poland. :confused:

thunderman run out of hull and rotterdam nice trucks but i dont think thay come over this way much just to fill up the uk drivers good luck

ok thanks,

For best rates & conditions per hour you wont beat a UK outfit. Believe me,the pound has never been stronger so foreign outfits cannot hold a candle to our trucking companies.Unless of course you really like working around the clock under Dutch rules & paying the penalties at UK rates. Can you remember the advice I gave you when this thread started ? If you could make loads of dosh I would say go for it. But you dont, you make normal money for lots of work. They have Bank Holidays down to a Tee. When they occur in UK they make sure you are abroad . When they occur abroad they make sure you are working in UK. These outfits have seen you coming from way back. Theres not a trick in the book that they dont know. If you have probs. at home and want to get away for a couple of years then OK. But otherwise the novelty will soon wear off. The reason the Dutch lads work so hard is because they are on different pay rates to foreigners ( & they are in competition with all their new EEC colleagues on the firm ). For them it makes sense. & they are not risking their licence. 20 years ago it was different. Jobs in UK were hard to come by & poorly paid. Now its the 21st century & for trucking the luckiest ones are the Brits.

ok then so any uk jobs who go abroad and let me take truck home on rest times then and pay well, any ideas, ive got no ties so if im out it dont bother me.

Beats me why you want to take a truck home ? I can see the flawed logic in my post . I am trying to pass on my experience to others. It don`t work like that. Go forth & make ye own mistakes & learn. There are no short cuts in this game. Best of luck. ( & I am not being cynical )

I don’t see why you need to take the truck home? There’s not many firms who will let you do that. Thought of trying Stobart’s on European work. There’s a chap on here who take chipliners to Belgium and back or they also supply Army bases on the continent. English working for foreign firms will rarely work as they use cheap labour and expect you to run bent as a nine bob note.
(ah, beat me to it).

xxicelandicxx:
ok then so any uk jobs who go abroad and let me take truck home on rest times then and pay well, any ideas, ive got no ties so if im out it dont bother me.

They have well gone…

Nedexco…you will be pushed

Post Kogeko…you will be pushed

as for the other I suspect they are pretty much the same. The dutch have different rules or their own rules anyhow and they hardly stop!!!

xxicelandicxx:
i was more or less told to leave because i want too run legal, so please tell me is this how all eu firms run or have i just had a few bad weeks,.

No you have had a few NORMAL weeks, most Dutch run bent, known fact

When a Dutch national is tugged they either park him up for 24 hrs or fine on the spot. His licence is never in jeopardy. With drink driving in NL you have to be caught 3 times before you lose your licence. In Holland on a Friday afternoon the office all drink beer. Even though you may be just leaving on a trip the TM will offer you a beer while you wait for the papers. :unamused:

xxicelandicxxwhat they are telling you is right. I worked in Holland for 3 years in the 70’s, when the money was very good indeed, and the way that exceeding hours is seen by the law is not the same as in the UK with only small economic penalties for the company and no penalties to speak of for the driver. What you have experienced is a totally normal workweek and if you didn’t like that then you won’t like working for any Dutch company on long-distance.

As for taking the vehicle home I cannot imagine that any company worth working for will let you do that these days. Why would they?

David

Talking to Post Kogego drivers they get there moneys worth from you but all the english drivers seem happy enough on there. They are on 2 weeks away and weekend off.

In Staffordshire the only people off top of my head are

W.Smith
IRF
Both based in Stoke.

Don’t know about taking wagon home.

ok, but when i said take truck home, i was able to get home on my weekend rest periods like on PK after 2nd week etc and park truck nearby, but i dont expect uk firms to do it.

i liked the job with visbeen, the money was good, but they finished me because i wouldnt run bent or in there eyes i wasnt flexible enough e.g-
put a taco in to get to boat then take that one out then put another in so more duty time and say you did not put it on boat you only picked it up there,
or take taco out when i get to a delivery point to save time and then park outside after, things like that.
and to me that is running bent, and i dont work like that for anyone, but there just aint any decent firms in staffs at all,

ben9, who is w.smith and irf any more details where they are etc…

Nedexco are mostly owner drivers or very small companies running in Nedexco colours.

They do a ‘lot’ of hours,mostly outside of the law.

I also worked in Holland for a few years in the early 90’s.On the UK work we ran legal,although that was mostly to do with the type of work we did,but on trips to Italy,France and Spain we did what we had to to get the job done.

Having said that,there are an increasing number of Dutch firms that run legal,mainly due to the ever increasing costs of fines and the introduction of the digital tacho.

How about Rynart instead? :laughing: