Glass doors

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25962915

Next it will be hovercraft only in the square mile? Or maybe deliveries on pedal trikes…

The sooner someone takes a ■■■■■■■ bat to that retarded blond ■■■■■■■■ face and shuts the moronic ■■■■■■■■■ up permanently the better for everyone. ■■■■

Ban the lorries and let them collect their over sized pallet with a wheel barrow or charter a canal barge to deliver their new washing machine.
The cyclist versus Lgv debate will never go away and it is snow balling to a bigger debate.

Rat67:
The sooner someone takes a [zb] bat to that retarded blond [zb] face and shuts the moronic [zb] up permanently the better for everyone. [zb]

Come on rat, don’t hold back, tell us whether you like him or not! :laughing:

So they will enforce this by cctv or road side stops.
Stop where,it is all double red lines.No stopping.Doing spot checks will cause congestion.

i wonder how many of the 9 hgvs involved in cyclist deaths as mentioned in the article above,already had “crossrail” spec-ie n/s sensors/sideguards etc? and how many of the inquests into these 9 deaths will actually find the hgv’s to blame?
my guess it would be only four or five(though terrible for those involved,obviously) of those nine were found to be at fault,so not that bad based on statistics,considering the volume of traffic in london…

how many of the 9 Hgvs evolved in deaths did not have what the fines would cover? Or is this just headline stuff that in the end will only hurt the small guys who don’t have the money to buy new trucks ?

bradthinks:
how many of the 9 Hgvs evolved in deaths did not have what the fines would cover? Or is this just headline stuff that in the end will only hurt the small guys who don’t have the money to buy new trucks ?

i didnt mean it in that way,i meant that whatever we do it wont be deemed good enough,and i bet most of the cyclists were killed due to their own actions,despite any safety measures fitted

Please keep up old chap.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=109747

fingermissing:
Please keep up old chap.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=109747

keep up in what way?
the article in your link states that hgv’s were “involved in 53% of deaths of cyclists despite making up only 4% of the traffic in london”
can you tell me how many of the inquests into these deaths involving hgv’s put the blame on the cyclist?
a good proportion i’ll bet

emmerson2:

Rat67:
The sooner someone takes a [zb] bat to that retarded blond [zb] face and shuts the moronic [zb] up permanently the better for everyone. [zb]

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Sorry but that gormless walking abortion really ■■■■■■ me off every time he opens his bloody gob. The pillock lives in cloud cuckoo land along with all the other tory ponces

Rat67:

emmerson2:

Rat67:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Sorry but that gormless walking abortion really ■■■■■■ me off every time he opens his bloody gob. The pillock lives in cloud cuckoo land along with all the other tory ponces

boris has a lot of faults,but do you think ken livingstone was better for london then? and why?

just look at the pic on that link. The cyclist is not wearing hi-vis nor a cycle helmet. Thus leading me to think cyclist bring on these accidents themselves. How many of those 9 incidents involved cyclists who were dressed accordingly and at which time of day they happened! It’s not like a HGV is silent or small enough to be missed in a line of vision. Rant over :smiley:

Rat67:

LOL! Best quote I’ve read in years!

Having looked at these snaps of the accidents,the trucks are mostly rigids of the hurry-up ,on a mission type;tippers & so forth,not always the most touchey-feeley spacial aware pilots…?
All cyclists should be made aware of this fact & not assume that the free space alongside the truck is a safe place to be.

andrew.s:
boris has a lot of faults,but do you think ken livingstone was better for london then? and why?

Do you think this is a well thought out solution to cyclists throwing themselves under trucks?

DrivingMissDaisy:

andrew.s:

Do you think this is a well thought out solution to cyclists throwing themselves under trucks?

no i dont.what on earth makes you think that?
i think the bloody cyclists in london are a pain in the arse,and most of them have no common sense whatsoever.
its the stupid people on bikes going down the side of lorries turning left causing most of the deaths-my whole point above!!! doesnt matter how many ■■■■■■ mirrors we have until the kamikaze bike pilots are educated.FFS!!
so you think comrade ken was better for london then? cos the poxy congestion charge worked well didnt it? and the western extension of the charge-blinding idea that was…

The sooner the ban hgv’s from London the better ,
fleets of 7.5t trucks and transits going about London won’t cause any problems or extra congestion at all!
And tax paying cyclists will be safe from us dangerous hgv drivers as we all know that white van Man is perfectly safe

andrew.s:

DrivingMissDaisy:

andrew.s:

no i dont.what on earth makes you think that?
i think the bloody cyclists in london are a pain in the arse,and most of them have no common sense whatsoever.
so you think comrade ken was better for london then? cos the poxy congestion charge worked well didnt it? and the western extension of the charge-blinding idea that was…

It’s only you who brought up Livingstone? We’re talking about the present here and specifically this ■■■■-eyed idea from the current Mayor, not Ken Livingstone but here’s a thought for you. Fares fair? Remember that? Encourage people to use public transport by making it more affordable and it seemed to work until the London Borough of Bromley (I think) put a spoke in that wheel. Compare that with the present approach which seems to be to price people off public transport and onto bikes? Is there a connection?

who do you think would make a good mayor then?

andrew.s:
who do you think would make a good mayor then?

Know any benign dictators looking for a job? I’m not really interested in the personalities, it’s policies that count. This latest idea will cost us all financially because ultimately, we, the men and women on the Clapham Omnibus, pick up the bill. And the worst of it is,I can’t see it saving a single life.