Truck drivers view of London.BBCnews

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25007830

Heavy goods vehicles have been involved in nine of this year’s 14 cyclist crash fatalities in London.

Following the deaths of six cyclists in a period of 14 days, there have been increased calls for restrictions on HGVs during peak times.

Paul Hutchin shows reporter Marc Ashdown what it is like driving a lorry in the capital.

Wow, an articulate driver,driving an articulated lorry.

I wonder what will be done about cyclists with proof that some of them are brain dead in the video

I did my training with that company.
I just think the cyclists need educating and the same penalties if they are using the road.

Don’t ride down the side of a hgv, who cares if a cyclist has a right to be there, you’ve just increased your chances of dying quite a lot I would have thought.

How can that be so hard to understand? Educated fools.

Why not make it compulsory for every one to have a go in an articulated lorry and ride on a motor cycle? They would then see what it like to drive the largest vehicle on the road and the most vulnerable? Although a lot of people are just thick headed! :unamused:

You drive any vehicle, you get to crossroads when then lights have been green for about 5 seconds, you carry on, then a cyclist jumping a red light perpendicular to you runs straight under your wheels, and gets killed.

A driver was arrested at the scene, who may or may not be imprisoned for upto 6 years, but will get anything upto a CD90 and 9-15 points on their licence.

Of course, the cyclist cannot be at fault, because they are dead, and are considered to be the victim, despite being 100% to blame for this accident.

Two lives trashed for the price of one act of idiocy you might say. :imp:

Cyclists pay no road tax, carry no registration, have no insurance, and have no reason to use their bikes in big cities when there are excellent public transport links, unlike in provincial towns, where there are not.

Commercial drivers on the other hand, could boycott cities outright, especially London, and leave them all to starve. There’s no way there will be enough goods on shelves without commercial vehicles to bring it in! What you gonna do? Stick it in a back pannier on a bike FFS? :imp: :imp:

Winseer:
You drive any vehicle, you get to crossroads when then lights have been green for about 5 seconds, you carry on, then a cyclist jumping a red light perpendicular to you runs straight under your wheels, and gets killed.

A driver was arrested at the scene, who may or may not be imprisoned for upto 6 years, but will get anything upto a CD90 and 9-15 points on their licence.

Of course, the cyclist cannot be at fault, because they are dead, and are considered to be the victim, despite being 100% to blame for this accident.

Two lives trashed for the price of one act of idiocy you might say. :imp:

Cyclists pay no road tax, carry no registration, have no insurance, and have no reason to use their bikes in big cities when there are excellent public transport links, unlike in provincial towns, where there are not.

Commercial drivers on the other hand, could boycott cities outright, especially London, and leave them all to starve. There’s no way there will be enough goods on shelves without commercial vehicles to bring it in! What you gonna do? Stick it in a back pannier on a bike FFS? :imp: :imp:

+1