Gildersome last night : M62 J27

What happened ?

Why has the M62 westbound been closed all night and still at 6am this morning?

Someone mentioned a jack-knife but it would seem a bit extreme to be render the motorway closed all night.

Anyone know, coz I’m nosey :smiley: .

Here you go Rob…

BBC News:
One dead in M62 motorway pile-up
One person has died and a number of people have been injured in an accident involving several vehicles on the M62 in West Yorkshire.
It happened on the eastbound carriageway at Junction 33 near Ferrybridge at about 2200 BST.

At least three vehicles, including a lorry, were involved in the pile-up. More than 20 firefighters were at the scene dealing with the incident.

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said there had been an number of arrests.

West Yorkshire Fire Service confirmed one person was dead.

Two people were taken to Pinderfields Hospital in Wakefield. Emergency services said the motorway’s eastbound carriageway was expected to be closed in the area for most of the night.

Thanks Rikki, but I’d heard about that one, it’s a separate incident :confused: .

The one I’m referring to was before J27 going westbound as all westbound traffic from the M1 and A1 end was diverted through Leeds to rejoin at the top of the M621. It was chaos.

A lorry crash caused major problems on the M62 for several hours this morning.The lorry smashed into a barrier and overturned on the slip road leading from the M1to the westbound carriageway of the M62 at Junction 29 just before 1.30am.The 55 year old driver from Bradford was taken to Pinderfields Hospital in Wakefeild with serious injuries.

Lets hope he is okay.

Cheers Mark :slight_smile: .