M62 accident??

What happend on the M62 today in West Yorkshire?? Matrix signs said long delays from junc 29-24 and I heard on the radio there was a shed load. Bet it was awful getting home tonight.

The M62 has been fully re-opened five hours after a lorry carrying a large load of steel coils got into difficulties today.

The incident happened shortly before 11am and caused the closure of two lanes of the westbound carriageway between junctions 25 at Brighouse and junction 24 at Ainley Top.

Queues of motorists snaked back past junction 26 at Chain Bar as Highways Agency staff tried to remove the heavy goods vehicle from the hard shoulder within a roadworks section of the carriageway.

The lorry was removed by 4pm and all lanes were re-opened.

A crane lifted the cables back onto the lorry.

Traffic on the eastbound carriageway past the scene was also affected as motorists slowed to look as a crane manoeuvred the coils back into position on the lorry.

The vehicle was carrying three large steel coils - each weighing several tons - and some of them had moved in transit to the off-side of the vehicle trailer, posing a risk to other motorway users.

Both the hard shoulder, in use as a running lane during work to install a concrete safety barrier along this section of the motorway, and lane one of the westbound carriageway were closed while work to re-position the coils and get the lorry on the move again continued.

Only one lane of the carriageway was available past the scene.

Is this it?

And because of that i arrived at Batleys Bradford at five past four, now sitting here until the morning!

Thetaff2:
Is this it?

Wonder if he is one of them that says, been carrying em secured like that for years and never lost one…until today!!!

Thetaff2:
Is this it?

■■■■■ cable thieves at it again eh ?

I made a table from a couple of them…

weeto:

Thetaff2:
Is this it?

Wonder if he is one of them that says, been carrying em secured like that for years and never lost one…until today!!!

Perhaps they should have been loaded in a box trailer! :wink: :laughing:

Drift:
I made a table from a couple of them…

I like the way you roll fella!!! :smiley:

Because of this i didnt manage to get home cheers pal !!! U mite have got rid of your load but i ■■■■■■ didnt grrrr :imp:

Took me 4.30 minz to get from goole to Wigan lol , it worked out good for me in the end got rid of an 11 off and did 8hours 56 min drive

Reminds me of that episode of Traffic Cops where that fella lost his load of coils on the M6 around Birmingham. The Fire Brigade and the HATOS were having a barney because the HATOS wanted to open a lane up to ease the traffic and the fire brigade wanted all lanes shut because their main man said he didn’t want to take the risk of allowing traffic through and the steel bands going on the coils.
Traffic officer said to the camera "The driver has loaded these coils wrong, they should be laid flat on the bed then this wouldn’t have happend " :unamused: that quote showed his lack of knowledge in how Steel coils are loaded and unloaded at the likes of Celsa etc.

Are them bottles of beer massive or are them reels much smaller

I’m surprised at how clear that photo is considering how many empty bottles you have.

axletramp:

weeto:

Thetaff2:
Is this it?

Perhaps they should have been loaded in a box trailer! :wink: :laughing:

You stupid boy, Pike! :laughing:

Trukkertone:
I’m surprised at how clear that photo is considering how many empty bottles you have.

Burp… :laughing:

I think the reels are in hartshead moor eastbound , been parked overnight and there is a trailer dropped with 3 on