M62 Sun. 27th ?

Anybody know why M62 was closed both ways yesterday ?
I was tipping in Morrisons Cutler Heights when i heard it was closed Jnc 24 - 22 … by the time i came out to go to Morrisons, Gadbrook, they were just closing it @ Jnc 25 … but all the traffic was going down into Brighouse - presumably to go on the A640 ? (NOT me :laughing: ) … i went down to Cooper Bridge - A62 (Leeds Road) into Huddersfield - then on the old A62 to Oldham - the back up the M627 to rejoin the M62.
I did hear it was caused by some-one jumping/threatening to jump off that high arched bridge as you go West, just after Scamonden Dam :question:

examiner.co.uk/news/local-we … -26738381/

I’ve been up there, I’m not surprised everyone bottles it, it’s a lot higher than it looks from below :open_mouth: too much time to reconsider on the way down :smiley:

mmmmmm. maybe inspector lobb should have lived up to his name and lobbed him over and on his way. respect his wishes and all that :smiley:

Sniper. Warning shot. Wait 1 minute. Kill shot. Sorted, motorway open again and everyone happy.

Coffeeholic:
Sniper. Warning shot. Wait 1 minute. Kill shot. Sorted, motorway open again and everyone happy.

Actually no! unfortunately you would then have it closed for 3 - 4 hours for a full investigation to be carried out. Mind you…Then it would only be on the side where he/she landed.

The real Biffo:

Coffeeholic:

Actually no! unfortunately you would then have it closed for 3 - 4 hours for a full investigation to be carried out. Mind you…Then it would only be on the side where he/she landed.

No, under that policy there is no need for an investigation, it is clear what happened. Just scrape them into a bag and chuck them in the back of a van, road open again in less than 30 minutes from the incident starting

Or you just get 3 double decker trucks to park under the bridge then get all the hato’s/police/paramedics to all chant

“JUMP JUMP JUMP”

then get them to pull away at the last second…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They should just let the [zb]s jump instead of talking them out of it. Do us all a favour. Sick of these [zb]s holding everyone to ransome because they can’t get their heads together. [zb] me we’ve all got problems to deal with in life and manage to get through them. Either sort your [zb] out or just get it over with. :angry: :angry: :angry: And no I don’t give a [zb] about the comments that will follow. They’re better off out of it if life’s that bad for them. 99% of the time it’s all in their head and stuff’s never as bad as they try to make it out to be. [zb] me grow some bollox, wimps. :angry:

what awfull comments, that could easily be some young kids MUM or DAD,SISTER or BROTHER.SON or daughter, i would hope if my girl was up there about to jump theyd be trying to help here , not encouraging her to jump, i would think if it was any of your kids, family youd want them saving , if not you really should be ashamed of yourselfes, id expect these comments from immature kids, not grown men :exclamation: :exclamation: :angry: :angry:

If they were going to jump, they’d be over the fence and gone before anyone knew what was happening. If there’s time to shut the road and get someone there to talk them down it ain’t happening and they’re just after the attention.

That’s a popular bridge with ‘jumpers’, why don’t they just hang a net under it? That way they can play at attention ■■■■■ without bringing half of Yorkshire to a standstill.

ady1:
what awfull comments, that could easily be some young kids MUM or DAD,SISTER or BROTHER.SON or daughter, i would hope if my girl was up there about to jump theyd be trying to help here , not encouraging her to jump, i would think if it was any of your kids, family youd want them saving , if not you really should be ashamed of yourselfes, id expect these comments from immature kids, not grown men :exclamation: :exclamation: :angry: :angry:

It’s all the selfish [zb]s deserve. Instead of doing it in a way that involves the minimum of people, they’re [zb] up the lives of several - the guy whose truck he bounces off, the scores of drivers that see it (what if your girl was underneath him when he lands?) the police and paramedics that have tried and failed to talk him down, the guys that have to come and clean up after him (and from that height, that’s a lot of cleaning)… On top of that, there’s the fact that he’s brought one of the country’s busiest motorways to a standstill - the roads round here can’t handle the traffic as it is without all the people having to divert - how many accidents happen as a result? How many businesses suffer because the town’s gridlocked?

All that (and the rest) because of one little [zb]stain that hasn’t got the ■■■■■■■■ to sort his problems the hard way

arronls:
If they were going to jump, they’d be over the fence and gone before anyone knew what was happening. If there’s time to shut the road and get someone there to talk them down it ain’t happening and they’re just after the attention.

That’s a popular bridge with ‘jumpers’, why don’t they just hang a net under it? That way they can play at attention ■■■■■ without bringing half of Yorkshire to a standstill.

ady1:

It’s all the selfish [zb]s deserve. Instead of doing it in a way that involves the minimum of people, they’re [zb] up the lives of several - the guy whose truck he bounces off, the scores of drivers that see it (what if your girl was underneath him when he lands?) the police and paramedics that have tried and failed to talk him down, the guys that have to come and clean up after him (and from that height, that’s a lot of cleaning)… On top of that, there’s the fact that he’s brought one of the country’s busiest motorways to a standstill - the roads round here can’t handle the traffic as it is without all the people having to divert - how many accidents happen as a result? How many businesses suffer because the town’s gridlocked?

All that (and the rest) because of one little [zb]stain that hasn’t got the ■■■■■■■■ to sort his problems the hard way

THIS ^ :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

I got caught in it, my journey of 2 hours 45 min turned into 5 hours 15 min, and missed the footy thanks to the numpty that never jumped, but then again i never really missed owt in the first place, seen has thoses shower of ■■■■■ got hammered by germany.

Why can’t we have those big air-bags that the yanks blow up beneath the jumper - then they could be rushed and if they jump - no harm done

I’m thinking Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon…

Rob K:

arronls:

ady1:

THIS ^ :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

And this again ^^^^^^^^^^^,

contorversial but, hey ho there you go, there’s too many pulling this stunt nowadays and a long winded recession isn’t going to help :confused: there was probably many opportunities for intervention before this stage was reached, They generally do it straight off and don’t mess about :neutral_face:

I still think they ought to shove some big airbags under them and take their chances to sort out these incidents quicker, tough if it’s not inflated or in the wrong place lets get the lanes open :grimacing:

ROG:
Why can’t we have those big air-bags that the yanks blow up beneath the jumper - then they could be rushed and if they jump - no harm done

[zb] the air-bags, just go with the lethal weapon.

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

[zb] the air-bags, just go with the lethal weapon.

From what i’ve heard when the HA get told there is a ‘jumper’ a plain clothed HATO pulls off the motorway and drives into a field about 1/2 mile away from the ‘jumper’ opens the boot and removes what looks like a golf bag and spring into action

HATO - Highly Accurate Termination Officer
:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

(entirely TIC before the people with the sense of humour failure start)

I’ve just spotted this as well:
examiner.co.uk/news/local-we … -26745293/
He was pretty determined :unamused:

I need to ask around, but I’ve got a funny feeling there might be more to follow on this guy…

arronls:
I’ve just spotted this as well:
examiner.co.uk/news/local-we … -26745293/
He was pretty determined :unamused:

I need to ask around, but I’ve got a funny feeling there might be more to follow on this guy…

If you follow the link then it’s maybe time to sack the person who

“The man had just been released from hospital, where he had undergone mental health assessments following the previous incident on Sunday”

pity there’s not more cases of negligence brought against mental health/probation practicioners for the many decisions they get wrong and the impact they may have on other innocent people in the wrong place at the wrong time :unamused:

Empty tipper parked to catch the idiot, follow coffeeholics procedure and the mess would be contained in the tipper no need to close the road for even 30 mins :wink: .

Sorry if it is not sympathetic but I am not only a coward runs away and they never think about the ones they are leaving behind.

Big Brummie Macca:
Empty tipper parked to catch the idiot, follow coffeeholics procedure and the mess would be contained in the tipper no need to close the road for even 30 mins :wink: .

Excellent idea, I like your thinking.