Gaydon CVRTC & Model Show

Just the usual reminder that this year’s top event is on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th June - please post if you’re going, you’d be mad to miss it :smiley:

Hoping to be there but her indoors is making noises about going to France. :open_mouth:

May have to swap her for someone who understands me better :wink:

I’m expecting to be displaying at the model show. :smiley:

I’m going with my truck. :slight_smile:

Wheel Nut:
Hoping to be there but her indoors is making noises about going to France. :open_mouth:

fine, just send her on her way with a big yellow atlas mate - it’s about time you showed your face at gaydon :wink:

Enjoy the real wagons, but don’t forget to look in on the modellers at the NARTM model show - if you’re coming through the car museum, turn left at the top of the escalators for a fine display of traditional British transport in miniature.

fodenway:
Enjoy the real wagons, but don’t forget to look in on the modellers at the NARTM model show - if you’re coming through the car museum, turn left at the top of the escalators for a fine display of traditional British transport in miniature.

and/or turn right at the top of the escalators for even more top models in truckerash’s model show :grimacing:

There’s a lot to see so get there early if you want to see it all.

just a bump up - all starts 2 weeks tomorrow :smiley:

jj72:

Wheel Nut:

fine, just send her on her way with a big yellow atlas mate - it’s about time you showed your face at gaydon :wink:

She is going alone, I am dog sitting as he hasn’t got a passport yet, so maybe I can get there yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

:cry: got my letter back in the post, refused entry as the show is too full :cry:

mikeyb:
:cry: got my letter back in the post, refused entry as the show is too full :cry:

I think that happened a couple of years ago, there were several exhibits parked in the main car park with the transporters and they were getting quite a lot of attention too.

Wheel Nut:

mikeyb:

I think that happened a couple of years ago, there were several exhibits parked in the main car park with the transporters and they were getting quite a lot of attention too.

I was supposed to be going up with the steel boys but still got refused, might turn up anyway and barge my way in :smiley:

I’ve added this to my Astran book thread but it needs to go here too:

My book - THE LONG HAUL PIONEERS - is now available! My publisher Old Pond has a container load which had arrived ahead of schedule.

It will be on sale at Gaydon :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Head for the Kelsey marquee outside on the main concourse. Look out for the restored Astran Scania which will be parked close to the marquee.

If anyone want a signed copy, or a personal message writing, please come and find me in the main building. I shall be in the large exhibition hall organising the model show.

Hopefully this bit of news might entise your missus to let you go Wheel Nut!! :laughing:

hi all,
i am going to gaydon,along with 49 other trucks,on this years steel boys run.i will make a visit to the kelsey stand to buy the book.been looking forward to it ash.well done :laughing:
regards andrew

Great news. I’ll be another customer on the day.

mikeyb:

Wheel Nut:

mikeyb:

I was supposed to be going up with the steel boys but still got refused, might turn up anyway and barge my way in :smiley:

Gatecrashers just what the show needs. It was the people who gatecrashed the Steelboys run and went in without a pass last year that almost had the Steelboys barred this year. Graham and his helpers have had to give a lot of guarantees over this years run. I just hope gatecrashers don’t make it his last.

Any idea on the Steel boys route? Would like to get along and get some photos of the trucks in full flight. Caught these 3 on their way home from Truckfest

wardg:
Any idea on the Steel boys route? Would like to get along and get some photos of the trucks in full flight. Caught these 3 on their way home from Truckfest

hi wardg,
we are leaving upton-on seven on saturday morning and onto greasy joe’s at cirencester for breakfast.then up the fosse way to stow and moreton-in-the marsh.down fish hill into broadway,a rest stop at the industrial estate in evesham.then through stratford-on-avon and onto a lunch stop at volvo’s uk headquarters at warwick.then a last dash down the m40 to gaydon.believe me this year anyone without a pass will be turned around and not let in.the organisers of the ccms are taking a hard line on anyone trying to squeeze in :imp: .there are 50 trucks on this years steel boys run.
regards andrew

Thanks Andrew,
I will have to study google maps to find a decent place to catch you guys.

George