GAYDON 2020

I’ve just heard from Gaydon’s events manager that the Museum will be re-opening this weekend, and that the Classic Commercial Vehicle Show is scheduled to take place over the weekend of 8-9 August. What’s the general feeling about this, and how many of you will be going as either exhibitors or visitors?

fodenway:
I’ve just heard from Gaydon’s events manager that the Museum will be re-opening this weekend, and that the Classic Commercial Vehicle Show is scheduled to take place over the weekend of 8-9 August. What’s the general feeling about this, and how many of you will be going as either exhibitors or visitors?

i go every year as a visitor, so its good news for me

Sent from my HP Chromebook 11 G5 using Tapatalk

I think it will be too soon, the next month will tell if we are starting to go backwards with this virus, I’ve noticed the daily death count has risen the last couple of weeks, it should be around 50 or 60 by now for mid week counts following the previous months trend but it isn’t, 176 yesterday. I wanted to go to see both the Lorry and the Model Show this year but I’m happy to leave it until next year now, not worth the risk. Franky.

i shall leave it till next year too :frowning:
i am literally just a few hundred yards (or metres :unamused: ) outside the Leicester lockdown area,and although our pubs are open today,we are expecting ■■■■■■■■■ from the infected area trying to get in,so will give that a miss as well :cry:

I would think the next couple of months will see the brainless causing more problems than the virus has, it will be interesting to see the news Monday morning and find out how badly it went over the weekend! Franky.

Below is an Email I received yesterday from the Show Manager at Gaydon with details of the Classic Commercial Gathering on the weekend of 08th & 09th August. He writes: -

I am pleased to say that the rules for outdoor events changed on Tuesday just gone and we can now hold a Classic Commercial Gathering over the weekend of the 8th and 9th August.

There will be outdoor trade allowed and a gathering of Classic Commercial vehicles, plus there will be camping available on the Friday and Saturday nights. There will also be an indoor trade area and a smaller model show as well.

Entry to the show will also have to be by ADVANCE ENTRY ONLY, and that applies to both vehicles and public who wish to attend. We need advance entry as there is a requirement for us to keep a record of visitors for 3 weeks after their visit in case there is an outbreak of Covid 19 and the health authorities need to contact members of the public

Queries to Reception on 01926 641188 and website details at britishmotormuseum.co.uk

My reading of this is that if you turn up on the day without pre-booking as a visitor or exhibitor then you will be refused entry.

my motor is booked in, if the attendance is limited this seems the best time to go.