CVC Show Gaydon 2014

Four weeks to the Gaydon Show 14th & 15th June. At lot of work has taken place at the site over the year,Tata (Jaguar/Landrover) have spent over 1 million pounds on groundworks over the winter. There is a large new area for the ‘Steelboys’ and the camping area has been improved with the addition of a new shower block. Various areas have had bushes removed that should make the arena area better. The model show, organised by Truckerash is on again. A couple of weeks ago the entry list stood at around 400. I will post more on that nearer the day. Plus you get entrance to the museum included.

hey, Are there again two festives over there as last year■■? the older and youngtimers.

cheers Eric,

Do you mean the above mentioned show (old) followed by the retro show later in the year ?

Dan Punchard:
Do you mean the above mentioned show (old) followed by the retro show later in the year ?

Hallo Dan, Yes that’s what I mean, the old as before and the retro. Why are there 2 now Heritage Gaydon has become too small■■? Or to separate the old and young - timers??
Been there already when it was still on the A5 Rugby BP fuelstation. But last years dates never fit any more most because of voting a new idiot the S H I T obliged system.

Cheers Eric,

Yes there is the Retro Show in September on the14th weekend.

How long in time and how far to gaydon from pontefract :question: me and my dad are on about a ride down but if its too far my dad is not keen,its by car. :wink:

I don’t know but if you aim for junction 12 of the M40 thats about a mile away and well signposted. Pontefract I would imagine M18, M1 M42, M40, should be easy to work out.

Is there anywhere to park a tractor unit there? Other than Warwick Services !

Could be if its just a tractor unit. Please don’t turn up with complete artics if you are just visiting, we just dont have the space

SeldomSeenKid:
Is there anywhere to park a tractor unit there? Other than Warwick Services !

There is a layby just past shell garage at gaydon[towards banbury on old A41]10 minute walk to show

I will be there displaying at the model show

is there any chance of a 96 143 being able to attend or is it strictly before 1988?

I doubt very much your entry would be accepted. Try contacting the ‘Steelboys’ and see if they have room in their section. (sorry I don’t have contact details for them). You can certainly enter it for the Retro Show in September.

Scania27:
is there any chance of a 96 143 being able to attend or is it strictly before 1988?

Send a PM to Andrew AKA pete359. Who is one of the Steelboys.
Cheers Dave.

Just a week away now, entries over 400 now, and that doesn’t include the Steelboys. Please note that the Steelboys don’t arrive until mid afternoon on the Saturday, having first had their road run and annual tea and bickies at Volvo’s HQ in Warwick. If you are coming for the weekend with an exhibit and/or camping please don’t turn up too early on Friday afternoon as the site now has a lot of parked cars on site belonging to Jaguar employees that don’t disperse until early afternoon. Amongst other things the site now has an attatched Jaguar office block with 500+ people working in it, so these have got to clear the site first.

What time do the gates open for vehicle entries on each day - or can exhibits turn up at any time?

Fridays the main day that we don’t need people arriving too early but apart from that there is no particular time. If anyone turns up before or after the marshalls are there security will just put them in the holding area at the top.

There is really only one reason why there is two shows, the HERITAGE CENTRE gets two bites at the cherry and if you attend both they get double money after all they have to make up the million they spent.

It is not the show that Rugby was and never will be I attended Gaydon with the models only once that big hall was more like a barn and I just felt it wasny a patch on the atmosphere of the tent at Rugby or anywhere near as friendly.

Just my personal feelings on the subject. Eddie.

Hi Eddie,
To be fair, I don’t think it would be possible to fit all the vehicles into one show. I have been to both shows several times, and both shows are full up with vehicles,also trade and other stands. I will miss the classic show next week, but will hopefully get to the Retro show in September.
Cheers Dave.

you not goin to gaydon then dave, that a pity mate was looking forward to meeting up with you again.

cheers
gaz