Gaydon CVRTC & Model Show

Hi Guys,
Sorry to hear that some of you are having problems getting your vehicles entered into the show.
Only last week I managed to book a trade stand at the show, so was very lucky to be squeezed in at the 11th hour.
If you’re in the outdoors trade stand area, look for “GARAGE & TRANSPORT SUPPLIES”, the stand with a blue / cream gazebo with Union Jack bunting on.
We’ll be selling King ■■■■ hand tools, Workshop consumables, Old truck workshop manuals and New, old stock truck parts.
Come and say hello to us, you’ll be made very welcome.

See you there,

John.

Apparantly the amount of vehicles has been cut to 450, there were over 500 last year but the organisers have listened to enthusiasts who said vehicles were parked too close to each other to get decent photo’s so they dropped the numbers and the age cut off is 1985, vehicles after this age will not be eligible although it is a rolling figure and next year it will be 1986 and so on. Maybe it needs a bigger place and a bit more Northern would suit me too. Franky.

Frankydobo:
Apparantly the amount of vehicles has been cut to 450, there were over 500 last year but the organisers have listened to enthusiasts who said vehicles were parked too close to each other to get decent photo’s so they dropped the numbers and the age cut off is 1985, vehicles after this age will not be eligible although it is a rolling figure and next year it will be 1986 and so on. Maybe it needs a bigger place and a bit more Northern would suit me too. Franky.

I will stress at this point that the show is no longer put on by the CVRTC but by the Heritage Motor Centre (Gaydon) and as such will not be going to any other location. Whether anyone else wants to promote a show at another or bigger location is down to them.

■■■■,was hopin to bring my crusader if i get it finished by saturday afternoon,was gonna phone for permission to bring it,not gatecrash and be turned away,waste o diesel.
Oh well maybe next year.

classicman:

mikeyb:

Wheel Nut:

mikeyb:
:cry: got my letter back in the post, refused entry as the show is too full :cry:

I think that happened a couple of years ago, there were several exhibits parked in the main car park with the transporters and they were getting quite a lot of attention too.

I was supposed to be going up with the steel boys but still got refused, might turn up anyway and barge my way in :smiley:

Gatecrashers just what the show needs. It was the people who gatecrashed the Steelboys run and went in without a pass last year that almost had the Steelboys barred this year. Graham and his helpers have had to give a lot of guarantees over this years run. I just hope gatecrashers don’t make it his last.

A idle comment, I suppose mine must have been right on the cutting line at 1985, I suppose even the Steelboys have had to cut numbers.

Not complaining tho, £300 better off for not attending, heres looking to next year!

Aint been to a show in years, so i am gonna get of me Arris and go on the Sat, just to get me a copy of Ash`s book, and take a few pics, and look at some of the models :wink:

As it’s on a Saturday,I may be able to make it there.
I would not wish to miss seeing Tony Christie and the model of my F88.

i,ll be there sunday cant wait :smiley:

Hope to meet up with some of you guys, i will be wearing my Bath Rugby top, just shout Ray if you see a ugly bloke wearing one :laughing:

Well,what a day!So glad I made the effort to go down there.
I had to look up Tony Christie who has made the most fantastic model of my m/e F88 290.I was quite moved to see the old girl.I suppose no one ever thought to preserve the original,she probably ended up being recycled as washing machines or something such.But this model carries on the spirit of the m/e,and I hope it will last many years to remind the younger generation of the best times in the history of road transport.Indeed,all the models in Tony’s collection are a credit to him and he has captured that era in great detail in minature.

Tony and I showing some of his models.

The model of my F88 290.

The real thing as she was when in service.

I also had to see our colleague Truckerash,Ashly Coghill.Having received his book,“The Long Haul Pioneers”,this week,although I’ve only managed to get through the first couple of chapters,it makes riveting reading.
Conditions in Turkey and Iraq were bad enough when I started my m/e career in 1975,but to think how it must have been 10 years earlier is mind boggling.
I got Ash to sign my book for me,for which I thank you mate,it was a great pleasure to meet you.

Truckerash and I.

I had said earlier in the week that after reading “Cola Cowboys” and “The Long Haul Pioneers”,I was a bit apprehensive about continuing with my book,how could I possibly compete?
But as Tony and Ash said,and indeed as I’ve said myself,although many things we encountered like border crossings for example were pretty much the same ,every driver that did the job has his own unique anecdotes,which hopefully will make up the majority of my book.I’ve just got to stay alive long enough to finish it!
I was hoping I may have seen some old m/e mates at the show,but I wouldn’t have recognised them now if there had been and no one came up to me and said they knew me.
All in all,a great day out!

Best old lad I do wish you’d introduced yourself. I’m the large Yorkshireman that stood talking to you and Tony and I took the photo of you and him. Doh lol. Awaiting the book!

One or 2 pic’s I took myself - s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg18 … VC%202010/

A cracking morning, just a shame time was limited. Bet they’ll be a few more tomorrow. Saw a couple of 110/140/111/141’s on the M6 on my way home :frowning:

Excelent photos you have there Chris.Thanks for putting them on.
John

bestbooties:

Nice model, Ian, but too clean :wink:

Wheel Nut:

bestbooties:

Nice model, Ian, but too clean :wink:

Tony obviously made it looking as it would on leaving the yard BEFORE a trip.Chuck a shovelfull of sand on it and it will look the part .lol!

On my way soon, Looks like i should have gone yesterday, Its raining in leeds, hope its better in Gaydon…

Jerry

jerry truckartist:
On my way soon, Looks like i should have gone yesterday, Its raining in leeds, hope its better in Gaydon…

Jerry

As you will know by now Jerry,it was a great day,a couple of spots of rain,we had a smashing day.
Cheers Dave.

I had a great day there, lots of memories jogged with some of the old motors and I managed to dodge the rain on the bike.

Trev_H:
I had a great day there, lots of memories jogged with some of the old motors and I managed to dodge the rain on the bike.

Hi Trev,
It’s a shame all the trucknet members didn’t have name badges,must have been loads of us passing one another without realising.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

Trev_H:

Hi Trev,
It’s a shame all the trucknet members didn’t have name badges,must have been loads of us passing one another without realising.
Cheers Dave.

I was there today as well Dave. must have passed somewhere had a great day and had a signed copy of truckerash’s book