Gas Stove

Has anyone any experience of the small single ring gas stoves, the suitcase style one with the small canister? If so do they give any problems ie leaking gas etc and what do you think of them in general? Looked at a few on ebay but don’t want to buy something thats gonna gas me or burn me to the ground!

i use one of these,never had any probs with it,i always make sure i lift the lever up to disconect canister after finished with it,that way it wont leak

I have one of these for years and use it most days for my kettle or cooking my dinner its spot on
just disconect the gas canister after use simples

Had one for 2 years now never any probs just take canister out when not is use. Shop around you can get 4 canisters for about a fiver.

Cheers Lads see them on ebay for around £19 with 8 canisters so can’t go wrong with the price as long as they are safe.

Thanks again

i used to have one for camping but the gas kept freezing, well it was new year’s eve on exmoor and the middle of february in north wales. i now have a coleman dual fuel stove,you can BURN anything in a matter of seconds. also good as it runs on petrol which you can get almost everywhere.

the gas one should be ok for cooking in the cab. remember to keep it clean or the mechanism will get bunged up.

bobbert_bear:
i use one of these,never had any probs with it,i always make sure i lift the lever up to disconect canister after finished with it,that way it wont leak

+4 :sunglasses:

Big Joe:

bobbert_bear:

They are a handy bit of kit. I kept one at the top of an MAN in the locker, Argos or Donington Market do cheap gas and it works well enough to burn soup or curry.

They sit on the flat floor easily enough too.

As I posted elsewhere make sure the ‘O’ ring that seals the cylinder is in good nick otherwise you might end up to your knees in flames if it leaks and you dont hear the hissing :blush:

Go to a Home Bargains or B+M’s and you can get the stove well under a tenner, canisters are around 6 quid for 4.

No probs with mine :smiley:

I’ve got one, when I get round to dig it out, i’m going to use it instead of my mini kettle. Had mine a few years now, but have seen them for sale in the cheaper shops for around £12 to £15. & odd places at £8.50. Easy to use, & don’t take up a lot of room either , Just make sure the things gone cold before you shut the plastic lid :wink: ,Nearly melted mine in a hurry oneday :blush: :blush: :laughing:

If you leave the can in overnight then you risk havig a two foot high flame shooting straight up lol. I think over night the gas slowly trickles out and gets burned all at once when you light it. Maybe mine was old and slightly leaking but it’s good practice to remove the can after use.

Wheel Nut:

Big Joe:

bobbert_bear:

They are a handy bit of kit.
They sit on the flat floor easily enough too.

What he said . :sunglasses:

i got one quite recently , i’m saving a fortune from shop food each night , now i get a couple of everything tinned from the super market & i now getting a half decent hot meal every night , well worth buying , but as others have said , just flip the catch & release the cannister after use

I’d still be careful with the canisters, even when released!! :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation:

We were camping earlier this year, and after cooking, we released the 'can. moments later, we could smell gas :open_mouth: , checked cooker - can released - took can out and found the little valve on the can leaking!

So still be aware and check, even after releasing can.

for a variety of reasons (leakage, RTA, etc) Id be cautious about leaving any gas stove / gas can inside the cab for long periods. If possible store them in an external locker that doent vent into the cab space