Portable gas stoves

Hi guys

I’m thining about investing in a cheap gas stove, to cook on whilst away from home, because i keep on getting caught short and having to stay in layby’s with sod all to eat, and when i do park in service stations or lorry parks i’m sick to death of the crap over priced rubbish that rats would take a wide berth from.

So i was wondering what kinda stuff you guys manage to cook on them?
Also i was wondering where u guys put it to cook on cos i’m a bit worried of putting it on the dash or somewhere similiar to cook and melting the dash !
:frowning: :blush:

cheers guys

alex[/list]

I used to use one of those £9.99 gas stoves with the chuck away cannister, cooked all my meals on it on nights out and get a couple of weeks or more from the cylinder. I know a few people have been blown up with these things, so always make sure you got 2 windows open so there is a bit of a breeze. Met up with my mrs one night when I was near home, had been having a bit of gut trouble all day, she told me the gas cylinder must be leaking - naturaly I agreed :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tiger.

im also looking into getting one…
seen one for £10 on a lorry shop site, but its got no gas… one in argos is bout £14 but with 4 gas bottles its £18.

I got mine from my local camping shop…£9.99 with 4 gas canisters :smiley: :sunglasses:

What kinda stuff you cook on it then shrek??

I use one with the throw away cannister there pretty good and stand solid i always put mine on the floor in the middle . Use it for anything that comes in a tin, making tea, Big soups are a favourite as there mor like a stew carry some 7 day fresh bread with you and at least you aint gonna starve.

Here’s one

cgi.ebay.co.uk/PORTABLE-GAS-FISH … 286.c0.m14

Tiger

There’s cheaper one’s I didnt notice the postage on this one :blush:

aidey:
I use one with the throw away cannister there pretty good and stand solid i always put mine on the floor in the middle . Use it for anything that comes in a tin, making tea, Big soups are a favourite as there mor like a stew carry some 7 day fresh bread with you and at least you aint gonna starve.

The underneath doesn’t get too hot then?

cheers fastrantiger, i’m heading sown to plymouth tomo so i might pop into exeter services and have a look in the truck shop down there.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Uno-Camping-Stove … 286.c0.m14

bout same as argos…

i had similar many years ago but now i use an electric oven and ready meal type stuff from tescos .works a treat and get a decent variety of food and i dont have to stay at msa’s thank god :laughing:

youngwithaclass1:

Oh the usual…beans, all day brekkie in a can, pot noodles, dead humans etc :wink:

Shrek:

youngwithaclass1:

, dead humans etc :wink:

YUMMY

gezt:
i had similar many years ago but now i use an electric oven and ready meal type stuff from tescos .works a treat and get a decent variety of food and i dont have to stay at msa’s thank god :laughing:

What elec oven is that, how much and where did u get it from??

youngwithaclass1:

aidey:

The underneath doesn’t get too hot then?

No, the bottom does’nt get hot, my last unit was a Volvo FH12 with flat floor so easy to use on the floor, just remember not to put the kettle or pan on the floor after use, tends to burn the floor a bit. I’ve had 24 volt kettles that have set fire to my unit :blush: so prefer to use the gas stove.

Tiger.

Take a look on your local market or car boot sale.
These cookers sell up here for around £8.00, with a four pack of gas at £3.50
Or pop into The Range stores, they sell these cookers and the gas - well they do up here anyway.

Get yourself a saucepan and a kettle. Cook fresh pasta, or stuff out of a tin. Chicken casserole with new potatoes. takes about 5 minutes.

Have a root through the search box, theres been a few threads about incab cooking previously.

youngwithaclass1:

gezt:

What elec oven is that, how much and where did u get it from??

most truck stops sell them and cdc also ,its like a mini oven. you want the “easy diner electric oven” £30 a bit more than gas but you dont need to keep buying refills. i keep engine running whilst i cook

We arent allowed to use them in our trucks, since Scotty set himself on fire!!

store.truckstuff.co.uk/img/cach … deadb.jpeg