Portable gas stoves

Also spotted in Towsure stores, was a 12v sandwich toaster. around £13.
Ideal for the times I cant be bothered to cook, or just don’t feel like eating alot.

Got mine from Wilkinsons, £9.99 IIRC pack of 4 gas cannisters about £3 or £4

Try and get a decent saucepan though. I have a stainless steel one with copper layer between the steel, costs a bit more but the food gets hotter quicker, therefore using a lot less gas and cooks more evenly.( Soup or similar warms up in about 2 min.) also the pan stays warmer longer so your food is still hot at the end.(provided you eat straight from the pan, saves on washing up) God I hope my missus doesnt read this my standards are dropping :laughing:

I cook the following…

Soup
Beans
minced Beef
Curry
Hot Dogs
Burgers in Gravy

or any combination
best thing on a cold evening if your hungry is Big Soup + Mexican Chilli Beans
Fills you up and keeps you warm
Plus added bonus of wind keeps the ■■■■■■ away :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Always keep some sauce or salt+pepper sachets handy these can be found at most truckstops of cafes when you stop for a brew. (Im not telling you to nick them though :wink: )

I’ve also found that a long tupperware type container is ideal for keeping knives forks etc in one place and clean.

Always keep some sauce or salt+pepper sachets handy these can be found at most truckstops of cafes when you stop for a brew. (Im not telling you to nick them though :wink: )

neva thought of that, brilliant idea :laughing: :wink:

Take a bottle into McDonanlds and fill up with there ketchup from those pump things. I hate most of there food but the ketchup is the best.

Ex Haulier:
Take a bottle into McDonanlds and fill up with there ketchup from those pump things. I hate most of there food but the ketchup is the best.

Think McDs might object to you just filling up with sauce without buying owt :unamused:

bowserman:
We arent allowed to use them in our trucks, since Scotty set himself on fire!!

How would they know?
And if they do find out just tell them to [zb] off. :wink:

I have used the same gas stove for years. But since i have been given my new motor i have not really had a need for it. The new motor comes with microwave, fridge freezer and coffee maker :slight_smile: heres some pics

I also never leave home without one of these

I have a gas ring but only use it when im stuck although this can be 3-4 days a week. Its good for porridge on cold mornings after ive frozen my balls off for an hour in the crane :frowning:

Here’s a tip if you use the flat type of stove that uses the cartridge refills; the cheapest source of refills is Argos, you can buy them in a box of 12 and they work out at just over a quid each.

I prefer that type of stove because it’s more stable, and also they have a self-igniter so no mucking about with matches or a lighter.

Another tip; because the cartridge sits horizontal in these stoves, when the flame fails there’s often still a bit of gas left in the cartridge. usually when your kettles just short of boiling! :imp:

Remove cartridge, splash a bit of hot water from the kettle onto the bottom of same, should now have enough gas to finish the job. Be careful how you do it, of course, and you only need a drop of water, but at least you get a proper brew!

bowserman:
We arent allowed to use them in our trucks, since Scotty set himself on fire!!

Sorry bout that :slight_smile: .
Got myself a microwave now ,much quicker though it does tend to drain the battery especially with the fridge/freezer laptop,telly running :stuck_out_tongue:

Got a gas stove myself one with cannisters don’t buy from MSA TO EXPENSIVE j24 m5 fuel site cheaper get food LIDL chilly potato veg soup etc remember to keep window open a bit or you will loose them when it explodes saw a scammel, italian side of tunnel years ago do this ex shell motor [memories and tears]

i too, have started working for a firm that supplies fridges and microwaves in most trucks, plus some have coffee makers too :smiley:

good advice re salt n pepper, and sauce sachets.
whenever i’m in the services, i always, somehow manage too accidently pick up more sachets than i need, (sugar too), but i never notice till i’m back at the truck :wink:

luckily, i have some empty pringle pots, that are handy, for keeping said sachets in.

:unamused: All this talk of cookers and food is making me feel hungry keep trying to get the fridge door open :smiling_imp: cant wait till tea time ,the other half has done a nice sunday roast for tea.yummy :smiley: :smiley:

Dont forget to remove the canister when you’re not using the cooker.

They should be stored upright to prevent the gas leaking. Also if they are left on the side the liquid tends to splash about a bit causing air bubbles. When you then use it the flame can be very severe instead of the proper blue controlled flame.

think ive explained that right

Fastrantiger:
Here’s one

cgi.ebay.co.uk/PORTABLE-GAS-FISH … 286.c0.m14

Tiger

I can do 1 of those for £20 inc Delivery to UK with 4 Gas Cylinders, it comes in a handy plastic carry case

Dont be misled with the Ebay price, the delivery charge is higher to compensate for the lower price

gezt:
:roll: All this talk of cookers and food is making me feel hungry keep trying to get the fridge door open :smiling_imp: cant wait till tea time ,the other half has done a nice sunday roast for tea.yummy :smiley: :smiley:

bloody nice it was to went down well washd down with a couple glasses of wine :wink: :wink:

You could always use one of these. :laughing:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hexamine-Hexi-Sol … 286.c0.m14

Just look at all them E numbers :wink: