Gas stove

Looking at buying one of these. Got to be better to boil a kettle on than plugging one in only for it to break down after a couple of goes.
Apart from the obvious safety issue with the live flame it looks a good buy for not a lot of money.
Anyone else use one for cooking/boiling ?
ebay.co.uk/itm/PORTABLE-BUTA … 35f0137cbc

One being used.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xImy3M3e0kw

Yep good cookers them, have one myself :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

There good got one my self fed up with plug in kettles not lasting, they boil a kettle of water in matter of mins so much quicker wouldn’t be with out mine now.

These are a great job, I’ve had mine 3 years now, cheap an reliable, it’s a lot cheaper to get your gas in a discount store than truck stops, I was stuck the other day as my last canister ran out, called into Holyhead truck stop 4 tins £8!!! I could get this in a store for £3. (Miserable git) :slight_smile:

Cheers chaps, just ordered one and a whistle kettle as well. :smiley:

I’ve got a double burner stove that runs off a 3.5kg butane cylinder with regulator fitted so I can fry and boil food at the same time fantastic it is :smiley: Don’t forget to have your windows down slightly when using it so the gas can escape and not be floating around in your cab and make sure it’s switched off and the canister is not leaking gas.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
I’ve got a double burner stove that runs off a 3.5kg butane cylinder with regulator fitted so I can fry and boil food at the same time fantastic it is :smiley: Don’t forget to have your windows down slightly when using it so the gas can escape and not be floating around in your cab and make sure it’s switched off and the canister is not leaking gas.

Will that do any good though.
Thought gas is heavier than air ?

Had mine for about 10 years now. Had to change the cylinder a fer times though. :smiley:

Brilliant cookers, use them in the truck and for camping too. You can buy them in B&M stores cheap if you have one near you too.

Have 1 not bad but as said switch off & if not in regular use take canister out as these have been know to cause a backdraft not often but can so yep I would open a window as well this also helps the windows form steaming up

Yes very good stoves. Be careful though don’t let the gas run too long before lighting it :smiley: