So...cookers...

I am currently looking at getting one of these:

Anyone else use one?

Are they any good…have any problems with the gas bottles leaking etc?

I used to have a turkish one, called a bomb, the only difference was the gas container, of course the only problem is everything has to be cooked in one pot, whereas a two burner can cook 2 meals at one time, ie potatoes in one, and camion stew in the other, although i used to cook everything in one pot. its a matter of preference, but no probs with leaking gas if you make sure the container is screwed on tightly.

Can b unstable get one that sits flat or one of the canister jobs

I use that. It’s anything but unstable the gas bottle is a foot wide and heavy. Much more economical than those canister ones, go for it. I cook all the time and a 907 gas bottle lasts me 2/3 months, a refil is £20 from Go Outdoors with stores all over the country

switchlogic:
I use that. It’s anything but unstable the gas bottle is a foot wide and heavy. Much more economical than those canister ones, go for it. I cook all the time and a 907 gas bottle lasts me 2/3 months, a refil is £20 from Go Outdoors with stores all over the country

I thought it was one of them smaller ones Luke

I used to use the kind in the first post,but after a couple of them started to leak and thus throw flames out of some unnerving places, I switched to the canister type. A months worth of refills (about one a week) can be bought for around €10 so not too expensive and not having to worry about incidents like this: DAMAGED TRUCKS - TRANSPORT PHOTO FORUM (MEMBERS ONLY) - Trucknet UK

Never had a problem with it leaking, those canister ones however are renowned for bursting into flames if the canister is not quite in, happened to me a few times!

amazon.co.uk/Double-Camping- … 40&sr=8-12

We’ve just been told this week it’s norbits policy that we can’t use a gas cooker in the cab ! I’ve got a canister one it’s done me 5 years it cost me a tenner canisters are 4 for 4 quid , mind u it’s immaterial now that I don’t use it no more ahem… :confused:

switchlogic:
Never had a problem with it leaking, those canister ones however are renowned for bursting into flames if the canister is not quite in, happened to me a few times!

I use the canister type Luke, I’m not quite sure about the…if the canister is not quite in… part of your reply. If I dont get the canister in right the lock lever will not lock, I’m not knocking you Luke but I’m a bit worried about this cooker now, would you be good enough to explain the…if the canisters not in quite right…part and how will I know it’s not in quite right, if the lock lever is down in the locked position surly the canister is in right.

altitude:

switchlogic:

I use the canister type Luke, I’m not quite sure about the…if the canister is not quite in… part of your reply. If I dont get the canister in right the lock lever will not lock, I’m not knocking you Luke but I’m a bit worried about this cooker now, would you be good enough to explain the…if the canisters not in quite right…part and how will I know it’s not in quite right, if the lock lever is down in the locked position surly the canister is in right.

that’s what I found wont lock cant light it

Dieseldave will be along in a minute to advise you Gordon Ramsay chefs what type of full PPE to wear and which type of ADR class you will need for the bomb in the cab. :smiley:

toby1234abc:
Dieseldave will be along in a minute to advise you Gordon Ramsay chefs what type of full PPE to wear and which type of ADR class you will need for the bomb in the cab. :smiley:

Not quite Toby… but I will be along to advise you that you don’t need ADR or PPE for a gas cylinder kept in a truck cab for cooking. :wink: :laughing: :grimacing:

Just kidding Dave, i would suggest not to store by the night heater in case you hit the on switch in the night.
Some firms have banned their drivers from cooking in the cab.Pulleyns have this policy, the driver takes home the key for the cab locker where his cooker his hidden. :smiley:

I have used one for donkeys years without any problem, nice and stable as Luke says. Made plenty of cups of tea in the past at 60mph on the motorway without a single spill from the kettle…tongue planted firmly in cheek :wink:

nick2008:

altitude:

switchlogic:

They can get a bit worn out and the lever is esy to bend leading to gas canister not seating properly. But if you look after it not a problem

switchlogic:

nick2008:

altitude:

switchlogic:

They can get a bit worn out and the lever is esy to bend leading to gas canister not seating properly. But if you look after it not a problem

Yeah know what your saying Luke, just thought there was a problem I didn’t know about. cheers mate.

I always remove the canister after each use, then put the stove back in the box. Mine is like new after 2 years.

Off-topic post removed.

Please leave out the personal stuff as per forum rules.

bigvern1:
I always remove the canister after each use, then put the stove back in the box. Mine is like new after 2 years.

I do the same.