Gallacher Bros Foden (Blue Danube)

Hi all
I am looking for information on a 1980 S10 Foden Fleetmaster Sleeper WUE 873X (Blue Danube) operated by Gallacher Bros of Spennymoor or details of previous owners. 14litre ■■■■■■■ E290 Big Cam Fuller Box and Rockwell back end.
I have this lorry to restore and would like to trace its history etc. Also looking for parts etc. Will try and post some pics later in the week.

Thanks Dieseldoctor

hi dieseldoctor,
greek maybe able to give you a bit info on the truck he is an ex gallagher driver, maybe i could get you some info but it wont be for a few weeks as i am in brasil working.

regards Mark

Thanks Mark Whenever you have time

Gallacher Bros Foden Blue Danube Awaiting Restoration

Gallacher Bros Foden Awaiting Restoration.

Dont see enough of these on the preserved scene imo,

looks nice enough to rally now,better than some restored motors,love it :sunglasses:

That Foden Fleetmaster looks the dogs " Deiseldog " , Looks like it doesn’t need much more doing, but i don’t what she’s like mechanically. Good luck all the same.
Didn’t Hepworths of sth yorks run a load of these. ■■?

yes hepworths ran them,think they featured in the foden ads at the time,

i have a poster somewhere if i can dig it out il post the pic up.

Leave her as she is looks great think usedto be a hepworth yellow one parked up in penistone

I used to deliver to Hepworths in the late 70’s, wish I’d have taken my camera with me, they had an amazing fleet of " wrecked " yard shunters… AEC Mandators, ERF LV’s, Seddon diesel’s, Mickey Mouse Fodens etc etc.

Jerry

vwvanman0:
yes hepworths ran them,think they featured in the foden ads at the time,

i have a poster somewhere if i can dig it out il post the pic up.

It is my intention to keep her in the orignal livery and as much as possible in the working clothes she now wears as I think this looks better than being all highly painted and polished. Cab interior requires work as does front springs, leaking fuel tank, vairious parts that have rusted away underneath. rear axle diff lock, front exhaust silencer and so the list goes on.Will keep chipping away when time permits and budgets allow.
Jerry your Art is spot on might have to get you to do one of Blue Danube oneday. I wish I had your tallent there. Keep up the good work.