Various Trucks I've had 1975 -2011

These 2 Foden S80’s were both driven by me between 76 -78 on general haulage work throughout the UK mainly doing dock work. Apologies for the quality of pics but they are photo’s of old photos. That’s me in the second pic in the cab loaded for Lowestoft with specialty castings for export. I know there is a lot of tat in the windscreen and on the cab but I was only 22 and it was my first artic that I could call ‘mine’ :blush: :blush: :wink:

Started for Duke’s Transport in 80 and had this Merc 1617 from new, it was a cracking truck and did a lot of mileage in it regular 4/5 nights and weekend’s out between Portadown & the Eastern side of the UK mainland.

This Scania 142 is one I had when on for Ossie Ingham in 85/86 pulling for OOCL/Furness Withey out of the Con Base Trafford Park. It was a good tool until someone drove it all the way to St.Neots with the difflock in :open_mouth:
Had this DAF 2800 for about 18mths, it had just had a new cab fitted after a nightman on the ACL contract out of Seaforth had rolled it at Switch Island :unamused: I was waiting for a Police ■■■■■■ to take me and the 14ft x 45ft portacabin through central Manchester to Manchester Cabins yard on Oldham Rd;

Doing some agency work now from about 92 as I’d had to make a career change and was now working at the BIG HOUSE in Leeds. Worked on the Sainsurburys contract for EXEL Logistics out of Rotherham and the NETTO contract for Barbers of Oughtibridge out of Gildersome.

More to follow the forum seems to only allow 10 attachments at a time.
Time to have a beer and some food back later.

Regards
Dave Penn;

P6270090.JPG

P6270089.JPG

P6270088.JPG

P6270087.JPG

P6270086.JPG

P6270085.JPG

P6270083.JPG

P6270084.JPG

P6270082.JPG

P6270081.JPG

hi dave I also worked out exel brinsworth,here’s some pics & the later when they moved to maltby regards alan

any barber road pics dave,I also did netto but not for barber

Next batch of 10, Barbers of Oughtibridge out of Gildersome on the Netto contract around 92.
Back on for Duke’s around 96-99 and loading trailers at Perkins Engines Peterborough with Volvo FH.
Regular Sunday job with the Scania at Securicor Omega Logistics at Warrington groupage for Ireland.

P6270099.JPG

P6270097.JPG

P6270095.JPG

P6270093.JPG

P6270092.JPG

P6270091.JPG

On for Dukes again 96-99 pulling trailers in/out of Stranraer & Cairnryan with the 113 and then out of Heysham with the 113 Streamline, later went on the newly won Tesco trunking contract from Stakehill, Middleton to Livingston & Dundee RDC’s but got no pics. My daughters came with me regularly when I was on for Duke’s.
Off the road then for a few years with health problems and unable to renew licence at 55 so went on 7.5 ton work driving the last 2 Iveco’s shown. The last one was a cracking little motor with the high roof, aircon, fridge, air seat, electric sunroof & windows, regulary spent all week away in it all over the country but I’ve finally called it a day, at least for now, wife died suddenly in Febuary and I’m now a single parent again and my 11yr old son needs me more than any job needs me :exclamation:

Regards
Dave Penn;

P6270107.JPG

P6270103.JPG

Thanks for the pics ‘revman’ Your Exell pics must be after my time there coz they were’nt running Volvo’s or Renaults then, used to also deliver in there for Northern Ireland Paper Mills from Larne who in the 80’s made all Sainsbury’s economy ■■■ roll.
Also a couple of Barbers Roadtrain that I had on the Netto contract, strange twist with that is that when Barbers had got them new they were working on the ACL/Cunard contract out of Seaforth & Felixstowe which I also was doing for Oswald Ingham’s from Manchester so it was strange to be driving one of their motors about 6 years later.

Regards
Dave Penn;