Fresnol lense not sure spelt right

I am trying to get a fresnol lense. Anyone know where i can get one? free would be nice.

For those that dont know, a fresnol lense is the mirror you stick on your passenger window.

Is this what you are talking about? Fresnel lens?

Link to Lightdome / enlightener / fresnel lens

Seen them on a fair few foreign trucks.

Hope this helps :smiley:

(Edited to shorten the really long url. Simon)

Thats them mate, i know they were giving them away at the passport control in Calais, but they havent had any for ages. I didnt know if there was another place i could pick one up for free. I dont like paying for things to put on lorries that dont belong to me. :slight_smile:

look out for a highways agency womble… they r usually in the services drinking coffee and they will give u one or two for free

Cool i will try that,trouble is i only ever seem to see them blocking lanes and pretending to be policemen which i am sure is illegal :laughing:

i asked a womble for one in fleet services and they gave me 8!!!

so i handed a few out, to the trucks parked near me

The lenses are not just for Jonny foreigner, I have seen 2 rtc on the M25 recently both involved UK Trucks taking out cars on the nearside!!!
All Trucks should have them fitted as standard.

all our units have them and, in my opinion, they are a welcome addition.

i suggested to a bloke organising the Argos Magna to Faro trip
that the trucks should have a fresnel lense
…he told me they had been there before and knew what they were doing

cant help some folk :laughing:

So does anybody know where the highways agency lot hang out in Bristol?

I dont often stop in msa’s so i thought i could go round to their offices and pick one up.

Daleyboy,pm me your full address and i will post you however many you require.

was about to say the same thing as extrucker ,

and it is spelt Freznel

trux:
and it is spelt Freznel

It’s spelt Fresnel, and said ‘Fray-nell’ or ‘Fren-ell’.

It’s the name of a dead French bloke who died after being knocked of his bike by a GB truck that didn’t see him. (Actually, I made that bit up)

hitch:
i suggested to a bloke organising the Argos Magna to Faro trip
that the trucks should have a fresnel lense
…he told me they had been there before and knew what they were doing

cant help some folk :laughing:

i fully agree with you there. i just go to work keep my head down and mind my own business now and dont get involved.

"A Fresnel lens (pronounced [freynel] is a type of lens invented by French physicist Augustin-Jean Fresnel.

Originally developed for lighthouses, the design enables the construction of lenses of large aperture and short focal length without the weight and volume of material which would be required in conventional lens design."

Fresnel died of consumption at Ville-d’Avray, France on July 14, 1827.

So now you know

Well i went to see the guys at bristol to get a lens, and they told me its only the guys in the south east that have them, and they only give them out to foriegn lorries.

And thanks extrucker i have pmed you my add, and i will take as many as you can send, as we have 16 motors that go across the water :slight_smile:

I just went and spent £12.99 at halfords for one, so i guess i will take that one back now :laughing:

Let me know where you hang out extrucker and the teas are on me :wink:

daleyboy:
Well i went to see the guys at bristol to get a lens, and they told me its only the guys in the south east that have them, and they only give them out to foriegn lorries.

And thanks extrucker i have pmed you my add, and i will take as many as you can send, as we have 16 motors that go across the water :slight_smile:

I just went and spent £12.99 at halfords for one, so i guess i will take that one back now :laughing:

Let me know where you hang out extrucker and the teas are on me :wink:

You know why you can’t have 1 for free, because your taxes are paying to donate them to our left hooking pals for free instead of a return ferry trip to get 1 fitted.
They are in all area’s and we have some in the cars in the N/W, problem is i went totally against procedures last week giving 1 (a fresnel that is :confused: ) to johny foreigner after he sideswiped a car, technically we ain’t supposed to give them out then as it’s after the event, but i couldn’t be bothered with another rtc as he rejoined from the H/S.

Ps get your money back from halfords and wangle 1, ps you’ll usually find extrucker hanging out of anything anywhere :astonished:

I will send some to Daleyboy but tell the HA !!

speedyguy:
They are in all area’s and we have some in the cars in the N/W, problem is i went totally against procedures last week giving 1 (a fresnel that is :confused: ) to johny foreigner after he sideswiped a car, technically we ain’t supposed to give them out then as it’s after the event, but i couldn’t be bothered with another rtc as he rejoined from the H/S.

Surely that was reason enough to hand out a `fresnel’ so as to aid the driver for the future , as an aid to prevention of futher incidents. :exclamation:

As for going against proceedure zb ffs zb, ime sure you did your DRA 1st .

extrucker you are a good boy :laughing:

and yes ime glad ive sorted the typo out , now typed correctly :laughing: “Fresnel”

The only problem you get with the lens after fitting, is when you wind the window down it can peel off – but that depends on the clearance between inside glass and inner wipe seal.

good luck , happy seeing … :open_mouth:

The only problem you get with the lens after fitting, is when you wind the window down it can peel off

Make sure the glass is realy clean first. Use a cheap newspaper like the Sun and a drop of lemon juice to get all the dirt off.