FRESNEL LENS

Any of you guys use `em? Good? No good?

Pondering on getting one to try out, but as ever, I would value your collective opinions!

had to google it,still none the wiser,are you buying a lighthouse :question:

The only one I ever encountered got all stuck in the passenger door when I put the electric window down.

I only put the window down because the lens was blocking my view at a junction.

I found the down side was that when standing outside the cab you could see everything in the cab, a boon to thieves, they don’t have to climb up to see what goodies you have to steal.

They also used to disappear inside the door after a while, lost their adhesion.

Got one to try 2 years ago, thought i would give it a go. Still there and would honestly struggle to live without it now.

I think they’re brilliant.

If youve never seen what they do, heres an example, this was in a left ■■■■■■ i used to drive. I now drive a right hand drive, and have one in that as well.

If you do fit one (free from VOSA not £15 on e-bay :unamused: ) pull the window seal open a bit and tuck around 1/4 or 1/2 in of the fresnel down between the window and the seal, that way it wont get pulled off every time you undo the window.

Kindle

Sounds right about tucking the lenses partly in the partly in the window seal but wouldn’t it get pulled off when up close the window from a complete down position

No mate, you would think so, but you do need to dampen 'em a bit before you put 'em on, (i just lightly spit on 'em a few times and spread it all over) but not overdampen 'em. Ive been using them for around 8 years, and never had one fall off, not while fully undoing the window or doing the window fully up!

had one for well over12 years would not like to drive without one

had one for well over12 years would not like to drive without one

Drove a truck yesterday with one for the first time, and must say it took some getting used to, but it’s early days yet, but I can see their advantages.

Ken.

They are a pain when you first fit them, you cant stop looking at them, the white lines on the side of the road curve up and its irritating, but once you get used to them you dont particularly notice them apart from when you want to use them. In a right hand drive on the motorway they dont do much, but when you get into towns and cities they are really handy (especially for seeing cyclists) and also for turning/manouvering in tight yards.

I’ve got one as I need one to get on to cross rail sites in London. Only put it on when doing certain jobs and take it straight off saga in I find it a right pain in the arse.

Hiya truck driver for 40 years now retired. i use a fresnel lense on the back window of my motor home
its brilliant to see whats close behind, also if i tow my bike on the trailer i can see whats happening all the time
spot on for me…i must say it must be a pain with passenger side electric windows the lense would get pulled of
when using the window

there particular good when you have to drive on the
wrong side of the road or the handlebars aint in the right place

There’s on fitted to the artic unit at my work. I was out in it yesterday collecting gen sets and tanks from brands after the BSB at a set of lights midway around roundabout a I hear thumping music coming from the passenger side, couldn’t see anything in the mirrors but in the fresnel I could see some boy racer in a convertible peugot. Think I’ll get one for my permanent lorry!!

jamiep1988:
There’s on fitted to the artic unit at my work. I was out in it yesterday collecting gen sets and tanks from brands after the BSB at a set of lights midway around roundabout a I hear thumping music coming from the passenger side, couldn’t see anything in the mirrors but in the fresnel I could see some boy racer in a convertible peugot. Think I’ll get one for my permanent lorry!!

I don’t want them if they turn things upside down

kindle530:
No mate, you would think so, but you do need to dampen 'em a bit before you put 'em on, (i just lightly spit on 'em a few times and spread it all over) but not overdampen 'em. Ive been using them for around 8 years, and never had one fall off, not while fully undoing the window or doing the window fully up!

I dampend mine with some whiskey, it never came unstuck yet

if you dampened me with some whiskey i wouldn’t come unstuck either scotstrucker !